The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We were playing a side who finished towards the bottom last season, saying that there wasn’t much between the sides really isn’t a good thing…

Its very much not the same Arbroath side though.  Of our starting line up and 4 subs today, 6 were signed this summer, and 2 more were signed in the last january window.  This is a squad that has seen major major surgery in the last 2 transfer windows.

Edited to add, we also beat Ayr at Gayfield last March (I think?).

Edited by ExiledLichtie

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its very much not the same Arbroath side though.  Of our starting line up and 4 subs today, 6 were signed this summer, and 2 more were signed in the last january window.  This is a squad that has seen major major surgery in the last 2 transfer windows.

Edited to add, we also hammered  Ayr at Gayfield last March (I think?).

Ftfy

It’s the 2nd of September, we’ve signed 12 players since the end of last season, and people are still trying to sustain the argument that we’re behind in our recruitment.  The harsh reality is that we’ve signed a load of crap.  Stanger looks good, Murphy should be decent as should Chalmers when he gets some match fitness.  But otherwise, it’s a shit show.  The idea that McGeady is better than Mullin is hysterical.  He has some nice touches in safe areas of the park, but has absolutely no influence where it counts.  

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, but what I don't get is that prior to the match the last few days have been spent by most on here describing how bad we are, how short in certain areas we are, how the new guys are probably not up to it, how we're probably going to get thrashed, how bad Bullen is, etc, etc.

So, we then go up to Arbroath compete well enough but get beaten by the odd goal and everyone seems shocked and even more outraged even though they supposedly expected it ??

As I say, judge us at the end of October once the new guys are bedded in and Murphy is back and then we should really know where we stand and what our expectations should be for the rest of the season.

Season started a month ago.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, but what I don't get is that prior to the match the last few days have been spent by most on here describing how bad we are, how short in certain areas we are, how the new guys are probably not up to it, how we're probably going to get thrashed, how bad Bullen is, etc, etc.

So, we then go up to Arbroath compete well enough but get beaten by the odd goal and everyone seems shocked and even more outraged even though they supposedly expected it ??

As I say, judge us at the end of October once the new guys are bedded in and Murphy is back and then we should really know where we stand and what our expectations should be for the rest of the season.

There was no outrage over the result and performance

That's the problem 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we lose to Falkirk. The Thistle crowd could be 2:1 Ayr. With the Ayr support hiding behind their sofas and the rest of Scottish football tuning in to see if we really are that bad. 

Not like you to be exaggerating.

You won't be there while you continue to withdraw from commercial or social relations.

And nobody cares about us.

Just now, Oceanlineayr said:

Saw on the FotMob app that Rose had been subbed for McKenzie. Wondered if Rose has been injured or something. Judging by the lack of mentions of any injury to Rose it would suggest Bullen decided to take off Rose despite him scoring.

1179044.jpg

He was poor, but a like for like replacement with McKenzie was a nonsense.  

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He was poor, but a like for like replacement with McKenzie was a nonsense.  

Wasn't at the game/don't use twitter/X for score updates so assumed that having scored Rose had been alright.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

1 minute ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Saw on the FotMob app that Rose had been subbed for McKenzie. Wondered if Rose has been injured or something. Judging by the lack of mentions of any injury to Rose it would suggest Bullen decided to take off Rose despite him scoring.

1179044.jpg

It wasn’t really working in a lot of ways, McKenzie came on and did different things but the problems were still the same, no support in the final third. McKenzie holds the ball up better but we just fell out of it by about an hour and didn’t do anything 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It wasn’t really working in a lot of ways, McKenzie came on and did different things but the problems were still the same, no support in the final third. McKenzie holds the ball up better but we just fell out of it by about an hour and didn’t do anything 

Respectfully, at no point did McKenzie hold the ball up.  He was inept.  As usual.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You care about me. Starting to stalk me with weird obsessive repeat comments. 

It’s cute. 

I try to be positive.

Its a nice trait to have. More should try it to be honest.

The world's full of so much hate and negativity, a full time Championship team on the West Coast of Scotland should be people's happy place, despite the ups and downs it gives you.

Directors come, directors go

Managers come managers go.

Players come, players go.

Don't take my positivity as accepting 2nd best, not hurting or not caring, far from it.

But the days of me spoiling my weekend and the days after a defeat are long long gone thankfully.

That includes trying to right the wrongs of 90 minutes of football on an anonymous internet forum.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Respectfully, at no point did McKenzie hold the ball up.  He was inept.  As usual.

He did on the first attack of the second half that lead to Chalmers chance. Apart from that I can’t think of another occasion he touched the ball. 

Basically, Rose hides and isn’t very good, McKenzie doesn’t hide and isn’t very good