The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I honestly can’t wait to see him play on Tuesday! 

What might his position be then though? It doesn’t exactly sound suited to anywhere. 

I do wonder what the f**k we signed him based on, but still. 

I dunno but not defensive.  

With our current set up a lot of the usual candidate choices out there wouldn't want the job I wouldn't think. 

If Bullen goes it'll be another up and coming coach that's brought in who can get a tune out of a young squad. Some old timer like McIntyre isn't the answer with the current squad and setup we have IMO

Edited by Rb123

Held off posting last night as I'd of just came across as a seething mess (more so than usual 😂) but time is up for Bullen, he just looks completely lost with no idea on how to fix it. His whole spiel about sticking with the players at the end  of his post match interview was just birthday caird pish and signs of a guy desperately clinging on. He should of went after the Thistle debacle but given we finished 2nd you can understand why the club didn't sack him.

I made a point of hanging on till the end to see the reaction from the fans as I was expecting a bit of toxicity however while there were a few anti Bullen shouts and boos there were quite a lot of fans applauding which just seemed mental to me, typical wee team mentality from certain members of our fan base though, can't expert to compete with massive clubs like Arbroath. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I made a point of hanging on till the end to see the reaction from the fans as I was expecting a bit of toxicity however while there were a few anti Bullen shouts and boos there were quite a lot of fans applauding which just seemed mental to me, typical wee team mentality from certain members of our fan base though, can't expert to compete with massive clubs like Arbroath. 

To be fair, those fans are just following the club's lead. When the manager describes us as plucky wee Ayr United in order to temper expectations this is the result.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That last part plainly isn’t true btw. 

I’m against McCall coming back but it’s got nothing to do with how he left. 

What part of it isn't true? He left us for Partick and couldn't hide his delight at doing so.

You don't go back with characters like that, we were good for each other at the time but the ship has long since sailed.

A Rhys McCabe type would be the way I would look to go if the opportunity ever arose.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

What bit don't you disagree with and what's to stop him doing the same again?

You can't stop it. Managers owe clubs no more loyalty than players do. The fact we as fans find that difficult to cope with is irrelevant. They are on an employment contract just like anyone else. They are free to take their labour wherever as are you and me as well. That's life.

I'm not saying Uncle Ian is the solution, it wasn't all milk and honey under him either. However, the product on the park was light years better (sticky spells accepted). Given he is out of work it's hardly surprising people would suggest him.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

What part of it isn't true? He left us for Partick and couldn't hide his delight at doing so.

You don't go back with characters like that, we were good for each other at the time but the ship has long since sailed.

A Rhys McCabe type would be the way I would look to go if the opportunity ever arose.

MacLeod returned in 78 and got us promoted to the top flight. 

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Like a lot of what you post on here, I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Yet you comment in the negative every time

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You can't stop it. Managers owe clubs no more loyalty than players do. The fact we as fans find that difficult to cope with is irrelevant. They are on an employment contract just like anyone else. They are free to take their labour wherever as are you and me as well. That's life.

I'm not saying Uncle Ian is the solution, it wasn't all milk and honey under him either. However, the product on the park was light years better (sticky spells accepted). Given he is out of work it's hardly surprising people would suggest him.

I don't disagree with what you say but very few would know his personal circumstances right now, he wouldn't work very well with the structure of Smith, Mathie and McGeady and generally you're better off not appointing ex managers. 

It's never the same again for a number of reasons.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

MacLeod returned in 78 and got us promoted to the top flight. 

Yet you comment in the negative every time

So by some time machine miracle that's you're rationale for bringing McCall back? To even mention him in the same breath as Ally is scandalous behaviour.

That's the first time I've ever been called negative on here!

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Looking at the highlights it looks like chalmers is just hanging about watching while the rest of the team were defending. Maybe part of the reason Dundee utd weren’t playing him? 

Chalmers positioning did seem a bit odd yesterday as he was sitting very deep, especially in the first half.

However he provided our two best set pieces yesterday -in fact our best set pieces this season- one of which led to Rose's goal. I'd definitely play him as he is our most creative player.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

So by some time machine miracle that's you're rationale for bringing McCall back? To even mention him in the same breath as Ally is scandalous behaviour.

That's the first time I've ever been called negative on here!

He also returned in 85 to get us promoted again. 

You said you shouldn't return to old managers, we have done, twice, and it worked both times, 100% success rate.