The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, United1973 said:

How good have the results been and performances since Christmas? 

Not as bad as many would make out in relation to our peers, if they were, we wouldn't have finished second......

4 minutes ago, United1973 said:

How good have the results been and performances since Christmas? 

Results were clearly good enough to get us second place. It was draws more than anything imo that killed us rather than defeats. 

As much as I’ve said about if we could appoint someone with a better style right now I would, ultimately Bullen does deserve the next few games to try and rectify things. The one thing you could generally never level at a Bullen team is a lack of effort. Airdrie away would probably be my cut off though if things continue this way - obviously unless we are getting pumpings with no sign of improvement. 

If we are losing early on tonight, there is absolutely no purpose in things becoming poisonous as it does nothing but affect the players and just about guarantees a losing run. This is particularly important for the boys in central midfield who are getting their first senior minutes, as much as I’ve complained about not getting experience in there, they need to be fully backed or they will likely struggle. 

It’s going to be a nice night, so just enjoy the sun and moan about it afterwards 😂

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This might be a bit leftfield but we are crying out for goals, I'd like to see Guthrie get a sub appearance tonight if we are winning by a couple of goals 

.....and I'd like to Tomlinson get a start. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Results were clearly good enough to get us second place. It was draws more than anything imo that killed us rather than defeats. 

Not if just counting the matches since Xmas which I think was the posters point.

Edited by Trogdor

I go to the football as part of a group of 4. I am the only one of that group who posts on here. 3 of us are Bullen out and 1 is content to give him a little while longer.

There are more supporters sick fed up of Bullen than I think the club appreciates. Touring the hub is perhaps not the best yardstick of supporter opinion.

I think Bullen is due more time, like most managers are with a rebuild. 

He was found lacking last season and from the Q&A I got the impression they were very much 

image.jpeg.3392acdebed66def5e1f858efe126b62.jpeg

and were slightly annoyed that people weren’t blowing smoke up their arse. 

He had several failings last year and the main one was no plan B. We appear to have a new plan A. Without Dipo and that hasn’t worked. We still have no plan B. 

I think he is now on borrowed time though. A couple of bad results against Thistle and QP, big losses and dire performance that his teams have been capable of, especially against those teams and he could find it difficult to recover. Narrow defeats and he’ll survive with the injuries card.

I would have more time for Bullen if he was able to articulate or demonstrate a plan for success. If he had any eleven players in the world how would they play? What is his plan to compete with specific opponents? What is the team's identity, the thing we do better than anyone else? Results haven't been awful overall, but it's tough to find anything to grab on to that you can say is exciting or particularly encouraging.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as I’ve said about if we could appoint someone with a better style right now I would, ultimately Bullen does deserve the next few games to try and rectify things. The one thing you could generally never level at a Bullen team is a lack of effort. Airdrie away would probably be my cut off though if things continue this way - obviously unless we are getting pumpings with no sign of improvement. 

If we are losing early on tonight, there is absolutely no purpose in things becoming poisonous as it does nothing but affect the players and just about guarantees a losing run. This is particularly important for the boys in central midfield who are getting their first senior minutes, as much as I’ve complained about not getting experience in there, they need to be fully backed or they will likely struggle. 

It’s going to be a nice night, so just enjoy the sun and moan about it afterwards 😂

The squad is what the squad is at this point, give or take a loan or 2. Booing the team is only going to lower squad morale and worsen results. By all means make your feelings known to the management, preferably at full time, but give the team as much backing as you can. We are where we are. 

* Not a ‘happy clapping’ post, I’m pretty much done with Bullen. Last chance(s) saloon and all that.

46 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It would be nice to have a water feature in the stadium. 

Bide your time, October is round the corner.

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

I would have more time for Bullen if he was able to articulate or demonstrate a plan for success. If he had any eleven players in the world how would they play? What is his plan to compete with specific opponents? What is the team's identity, the thing we do better than anyone else? Results haven't been awful overall, but it's tough to find anything to grab on to that you can say is exciting or particularly encouraging.

He looked like he was doing that but the only game we have seen it in is the Alloa game and Alloa were dreadful. Murphy, McGeady and Chalmers are all very intelligent footballers and will tie a few teams in knots, however having all 3 fit and available for 60% of the games could be the downfall. 

Without Murphys creativity, we look like last seasons team without Dipo and that is the 4th game we have looked like that with no signs of changing despite 4 different line-ups and at least 3 different formations. 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He looked like he was doing that but the only game we have seen it in is the Alloa game and Alloa were dreadful. Murphy, McGeady and Chalmers are all very intelligent footballers and will tie a few teams in knots, however having all 3 fit and available for 60% of the games could be the downfall. 

Without Murphys creativity, we look like last seasons team without Dipo and that is the 4th game we have looked like that with no signs of changing despite 4 different line-ups and at least 3 different formations. 

The problem is only 2 of these will play at any given time I would assume.

The idea that Bullen is going to suddenly play a free flowing #10 behind a striker is nonsense. The guy is as pragmatic as they come and  would be extremely surprised if he’ll play McGeady, Chalmers & Murphy consistently when fit.

The idea of it is lovely, 3 technically tidy players behind Rose but Chalmers & McGeady in particular are luxury footballers in Bullen’s eyes and just can’t see him being that expansive. 

8 hours ago, Nelson said:

yet another caretaker period for Dave White

Ironically Davie White has had three successful spells as caretaker manager with Ayr but never been given the job full time. Unlike Bullen though, he doesn't want it.

5 hours ago, Nelson said:

I’m unconvinced by Bullen, but I do feel that all the general discontent about where we thought we’d be but aren’t is now being directed at him.

The club finished second last season and people wanted Bullen to go. It's not because the fans have unrealistic expectations, it's because anyone who isn't complete fucking imbecile can see that last season was an extreme aberration and that the winning factor in it wasn't Bullen.

For what it's worth, in terms of people making up offline pals to express opinions about the club, the whatsapp group of folk I go to games with have pretty universally not been fucked with Bullen for about the same amount of time as the penny dropped for people on here, i.e. the Dundee game at Halloween. And the group of complete strangers I was rammed in with for the first leg at Firhill could all see it as well. Odd that WATTOO can complain about the toxicity of home games while seemingly having never known anyone in real life who wasn't loving things at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ironically Davie White has had three successful spells as caretaker manager with Ayr but never been given the job full time. Unlike Bullen though, he doesn't want it.

The club finished second last season and people wanted Bullen to go. It's not because the fans have unrealistic expectations, it's because anyone who isn't complete fucking imbecile can see that last season was an extreme aberration and that the winning factor in it wasn't Bullen.

For what it's worth, in terms of people making up offline pals to express opinions about the club, the whatsapp group of folk I go to games with have pretty universally not been fucked with Bullen for about the same amount of time as the penny dropped for people on here, i.e. the Dundee game at Halloween. And the group of complete strangers I was rammed in with for the first leg at Firhill could all see it as well. Odd that WATTOO can complain about the toxicity of home games while seemingly having never known anyone in real life who wasn't loving things at the moment.

Excellent post.

Bar a few select games, I didn't enjoy last season.

The football, entertainment wise, has been fucking abysmal under him. A three place swing for one goal seriously glossed over the shite we've had to endure. Reading some of the happy clapping pish is frustrating beyond belief. Outsiders/other fans and people who don't attend the matches will look at a second place finish and be shocked that fans want him gone. You don't have to dig too deep to understand why. There's umpteen reasons why and all are valid.

I'd say for me, comfortably since January, potentially slightly before, I've wanted him gone and was clinging onto the rumours towards the end of the season which suggested he was heading back to England to be with his family. Second place didn't make a difference to me in my mindset, and that fucking shitshow of the play offs coupled with the utter embarrassment of that c**t leading chants in the hub for the zombies, half an hour of getting pumped 8-0 on aggregate was the final nail in the coffin. 

I'll be cutting back until he's away.

Wattoo has never mentioned the "toxicity at home games", in fact I've never really come across it, the only toxicity I come across is from a few posters on here who ironically often claim that "they weren't actually there" or "they couldn't be bothered going" which more or less says it all for me.....