The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, AnonGuy7991 said:

It’s a very outdated and old fashion metric. Out run them, out fight them etc etc ultimately what you do with the ball dictates outcomes majority of the time. Bullen blaming lack of running should be alarm bells to not recognising the actual problems. 

I'd rather we outplayed teams than outran and outfought them. This isn't Ayr Athletics Club or Ayr Karate Club.

When Bullen came in his comments about the fans appreciating a team of hard workers was probably spot on but only because we’d been exposed to a year of absolute wasters who wouldn’t try a leg for the team. 

A year or so on and that still seems to be his mantra. Running harder than the opposition will not win solely win you games. I’d rather have a team of good players who we get 75% from every week than a team of mediocre players but we get 100% from them. 9/10 the first team will win. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve had 3 texts from Celtic fans I know all telling me that Ayr should sign Garry Hooper because a 35 year old scored some goals in a glorified game of fives.

I seen Ryan Stevenson decided to roll about on the floor at it 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’ve had 3 texts from Celtic fans I know all telling me that Ayr should sign Garry Hooper because a 35 year old scored some goals in a glorified game of fives.

We signed a 37 year old Aidan McGeady. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Having a few days to think about it this Q&A makes zero sense so I wonder if they've come to that realisation as well. 

It probably doesn't but they've committed to it now so can't exactly back down and not come out it with egg on their faces. 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Having a few days to think about it this Q&A makes zero sense so I wonder if they've come to that realisation as well. 

Aye I’m not sure what we’re trying to achieve having a Q&A a few months after the last one. 

I fully believe he’ll be away if we take a tanking off Thistle. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’m not sure what we’re trying to achieve having a Q&A a few months after the last one. 

I fully believe he’ll be away if we take a tanking off Thistle. 

Yeah, was thinking it could be Bullen related. What's the point in Mathie answering questions about him when there's a good chance he's away in a few weeks, or possibly even next week.

What's the point in answering any football related questions then with the chance he could be away. All that would be left to talk about is the administrative side and the stand.

Am I the only one who thinks this Q&A thing is a bit suspicious? Said they would post it over the weekend but its Sunday night and we've heard nothing. Putting my tinfoil hat on here but what if they've done this with no intention of ever doing a Q&A and have just done it to try to judge the general mood in the fanbase, maybe to see what sort of reaction sticking with or sacking Bullen would bring?

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It probably doesn't but they've committed to it now so can't exactly back down and not come out it with egg on their faces. 

Nobody will care about it if we get pumped on Friday. That's a whole other issue they'll have to deal with.

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Am I the only one who thinks this Q&A thing is a bit suspicious? Said they would post it over the weekend but its Sunday night and we've heard nothing. Putting my tinfoil hat on here but what if they've done this with no intention of ever doing a Q&A and have just done it to try to judge the general mood in the fanbase, maybe to see what sort of reaction sticking with or sacking Bullen would bring?

Maybe he's been sacked and it's being announced tomorrow....

But in all seriousness, the turnaround from asking questions to be submitted and when they would be answered was way too short. I doubt he's even looked through all the questions yet. then there's the filming etc...