The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Suffering f**k.

He's like a middle manager at work trying to squeeze as many buzz words into a sentence. I shouldn't watch the third instalment or I'll want him emptied as well.

Wait is there a third part to this too??

If he came out with a 10 year vision i wouldn't have minded providing there is a reasonably competitive team to watch along the way. Good to get some clarification the infrastructure budget is seperate and the player fund was still at a decent level. The one question i would like answered is the reason for the significant deterioration of the squad from last season. Aside from Wattoo he seems to be the only person that hasn't  noticed any problem. 

He made the point that the championshio clubs generally have a similar budget which raises further questions as to why we have made so many bad decisions 

I think people are being overly negative about it here.  The interviews are absolutely fine. 

There was a bit less info on this one but it was fine and it's unfair to suggest he isn't speaking frankly (where he can).  He isn't going to be able to answer something about e.g. our home form being poor and maybe impacting season ticket sales (I asked it in full knowledge it would be right in the bin).  

His area of focus (so the prism he sees everything through) is just a really boring thing to football fans because it's all just about hoovering up our cash as much as possible.  

What the hell they have left to talk about I simply do not know 

55 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The one question i would like answered is the reason for the significant deterioration of the squad from last season. Aside from Wattoo he seems to be the only person that hasn't  noticed any problem. 

He made the point that the championshio clubs generally have a similar budget which raises further questions as to why we have made so many bad decisions 

On the first bit, we don't actually know this yet, do we? We're 4 games into a league season. There is undoubtedly a bit of catching up to do, I don't deny that, given the injuries. And I'd definitely have preferred to have got better at fullback. But what were you really expecting? Him to tear into the players that are barely through the door? What sort of message does that send? It's counter productive at best, fucking stupid at worst. 

You have a point on the second bit but I'm hoping over time with McGeady and Murphy both at the club, two ex-international and top level footballers, they can help attract players further down the line. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

On the first bit, we don't actually know this yet, do we? We're 4 games into a league season. There is undoubtedly a bit of catching up to do, I don't deny that, given the injuries. And I'd definitely have preferred to have got better at fullback. But what were you really expecting? Him to tear into the players that are barely through the door? What sort of message does that send? It's counter productive at best, fucking stupid at worst. 

You have a point on the second bit but I'm hoping over time with McGeady and Murphy both at the club, two ex-international and top level footballers, they can help attract players further down the line. 

I'd argue that we have strengthened both wide positions in midfield, however we are significantly weaker up front as it's just not possible to replace Dipo effectively. The centre of midfield wasn't great to start with but it's now essentially a youth team experiment. 

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think people are being overly negative about it here.  The interviews are absolutely fine. 

There was a bit less info on this one but it was fine and it's unfair to suggest he isn't speaking frankly (where he can).  He isn't going to be able to answer something about e.g. our home form being poor and maybe impacting season ticket sales (I asked it in full knowledge it would be right in the bin).  

His area of focus (so the prism he sees everything through) is just a really boring thing to football fans because it's all just about hoovering up our cash as much as possible.  

Yeah, I just listened too and it was generally absolutely fine.

I do think an acknowledgement of the home form would be an absolutely fine thing to do, but pleasantly surprised season sales are up again. An explanation of some of the recruitment in terms of the English players would be good. 

To add a slight positive, some of the work being done right now is good - particularly the youth board stuff. 

I had asked around season tickets/pricing for kids, which could have tied into some of the chat tonight but hopefully covered next time. 

55 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aidan mcgeady- he’s holding off on that so he can introduce him as manager after emptying bullen late Friday night after getting pumped by partick (and another singsong in the hub)