The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Just got to the point where he says, with absolutely no irony whatsoever, "the carrot for our players is getting to play in the national stadium".

Hahaha bully is a fanny .the carrot should be just fucking win for the suffering support that's in attendance tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Just got to the point where he says, with absolutely no irony whatsoever, "the carrot for our players is getting to play in the national stadium".

I doubt the lads who have come up from England really care about playing at Hampden in front of about 1000 folk. 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I doubt the lads who have come up from England really care about playing at Hampden in front of about 1000 folk. 

Curious what Bullen was about to say when discussing the striking options and after mentioning Dowds, Bryden and McKenzie he said "and the two English lads who dont-" before cutting himself off

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Was it not his hamstring he did in when he was at Hibs? If so I don't think we'll be seeing him for a while!

Yeah, I think he completely tore it off the bone previously so was wanting to know if it was a slight strain and a couple of weeks (and if it was the same hamstring) or a bad one and months. The continual lack of injury updates is infuriating. 

Can someone please explain to me whose incredibly bright idea it was to make footballers doing reading clubs a thing when most of them struggle to spell their names? Murphy listing his favourite book as The Hobbit because he remembered it from school (??) and Bullen listing a series of babies' books he read to his kids is just embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Can someone please explain to me whose incredibly bright idea it was to make footballers doing reading clubs a thing when most of them struggle to spell their names? Murphy listing his favourite book as The Hobbit because he remembered it from school (??) and Bullen listing a series of babies' books he read to his kids is just embarrassing.

Right idea. Wrong execution.

Running theme from the club as of late.

44 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Bullen did try to recover at the end with the Harry Potter shout but really, they should have been prepared for that question and at least had a few relevant, recent novels!

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Right idea. Wrong execution.

Running theme from the club as of late.

Wrong execution in terms of what?!

An absolutely bizarre thing to complain about, the players aren’t going in to teach kids. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Oh jeez, not another thing. Will get it right one day, just can't help myself it seems.

Clearly. 

Plenty of things to complain about right now, but picking out a school reading initiative is just weird and just moaning for the sake of it.

The team announcement any minute will of course be something legitimate to moan about…

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bizarrely, the result I fear is a draw where Bullen declares we're turning the corner and it's something to build on.

Just fucking win Ayr! 

I think the buzzword for tonight in case of a draw is improvement. Those two leave him on his arse if we get beat next week.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Clearly. 

Plenty of things to complain about right now, but picking out a school reading initiative is just weird and just moaning for the sake of it.

The team announcement any minute will of course be something legitimate to moan about…

Maybe everyone should clear their vents with you first before posting.