The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Looking at the weekend fixtures, a win on Saturday and we would most likely stay in 4th. If both Raith and Thistle win, it would open up a 3/4 point gap between 5th and 8th. 

The following weekend we are away at Inverness, where until recently we have liked to drop points. We then go in to a heavy December and January and it'll likely be who has the best window that will be in the top 4. Currently we will lose Young and Senga with slight question marks over Chalmers and Dowds. Musonda will likely be missing for a portion of January

5 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I would like to see him in a run of games playing with Dowds playing as a support striker or poacher type to see how he gets on in what is should be his best position

Our midfield don't support high up the pitch so it's been pretty easy for defenders to pick up a goal hanger. Thats why McKenzie does better, he is more mobile than Rose and more intelligent in game management. Amartey should suit us better than Rose and maybe more than McKenzie to partner Dowds. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Our midfield don't support high up the pitch so it's been pretty easy for defenders to pick up a goal hanger. Thats why McKenzie does better, he is more mobile than Rose and more intelligent in game management. Amartey should suit us better than Rose and maybe more than McKenzie to partner Dowds. 

I think Bryden should get another chance , maybe three games beside big Dowds . He seems to have no problem finishing chances , maybe not the complete centre forward yet but playing either side of Dowds may suit him more than being the target .

8 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

I think Bryden should get another chance , maybe three games beside big Dowds . He seems to have no problem finishing chances , maybe not the complete centre forward yet but playing either side of Dowds may suit him more than being the target .

Trying Rose again and again isn't working certainly. 

55 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Been one of those seasons where very little has gone well and everything’s a struggle.

Just got to suck it up and make sure we don’t go down - which would be catastrophic!!!

Imagine our first home league game, opening the new stand with Cove Rangers our guests!!!

Really need a bit of a shuffle of the cards in January as it looks like no amount of coaching is going to help some of those guys unfortunately 😢

I'm hoping we've got enough for mid table mediocre this season and the club are just running down Bullen's deal to next summer to avoid having to pay him off early and then we'll get someone new next summer. 

IMO Bullen ain't the one that's ever going to take us to the next level, in saying that however unless there was an alternative outstanding candidate out there that we could go and get it maybe wouldn't be worth changing, will be a big decision by Smith and Mathie regardless...

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Where does Dempsey or McGeady fit in to our current setup?

Dempsey in a midfield three with Syla and Senga with Ben playing slightly more advanced. 

McGeady on the bench to come on as an impact sub. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dempsey in a midfield three with Syla and Senga with Ben playing slightly more advanced. 

McGeady on the bench to come on as an impact sub. 

34 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Good shout tbf, front 3 of Murphy, Chalmers and Dowds 

Aye this is pretty much my thoughts too. Jack Young can feel hard done by as he’s been decent anytime I’ve seen him particularly last night. If we are going to continue with two strikers it needs to be Dowds and Amartey imo. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

His contract is up at end of season, see no reason why they would not allow him to play 

Same was with Josh Mullin although you always felt they wanted to keep their options open with him. 

I think Dowds has burned his bridges with Thistle and there’s no way he’ll play for them again. 

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We might get a couple of Kilmarnock free days in the thread, after they embarrassed themselves becoming the only side alongside Alloa to lose to St Johnstone this season 😂

Their away form is as bad this calendar year as our home form

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Looked a decent performance, although perhaps a bit fortunate with Alston hitting the post. It is very tight but Bryden is probably a smidgen offside. Let's get Franny in the XI on Saturday, please. 

Possible "not training hard so doesn't play" / "not playing so not training hard" situation going on perhaps re Amartey?  Personally I'd say he needs a few games to get himself out of scenario B.

Edited by Hursty