The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

some sort of capable defence.

Goodfellas GIF

How many transfer windows has Bullen failed to sort defence? Zero confidence he can sort defence in the most difficult window. I keep my bedsheets pretty clean but I know a couple of rangers fans who might have some dirty ones. They might even come complete with “we deserve better” pre scrawled.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Or give up caring.

Unless he quits this weekend, he'll be in the dugout for the game against Arbroath. 

Dunfermline, Inverness and Arbroath will have played one of their games in hand over us (Dunfermline 2) If Dunfermline lose both, we'll be in the bottom three by then, a defeat to them and an inevitable defeat at Tannadice a week later and we could return to our tradition of binning managers at Christmas. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

International break next week, then an away trip to Peterhead in the Scottish Cup so plenty of time for folk to calm down before the next home game on the 2nd of December. 

And if we get gubbed at home to Arbroath which is highly likely given our home form... them we'll be back to toxicity at Somerset and potentially bottom... 

A defeat to Arbroath and Bullen must be sacked surely? Even a chance of a doing off Peterhead causing a reaction 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unless he quits this weekend, he'll be in the dugout for the game against Arbroath. 

Dunfermline, Inverness and Arbroath will have played one of their games in hand over us (Dunfermline 2) If Dunfermline lose both, we'll be in the bottom three by then, a defeat to them and an inevitable defeat at Tannadice a week later and we could return to our tradition of binning managers at Christmas. 

I honestly think it’s significant that his contract is up at the end of the season and there is no sign of it being extended.  If the club really believed in Bullen, they would surely have got him signed up by now.

I honestly think it’s significant that his contract is up at the end of the season and there is no sign of it being extended.  If the club really believed in Bullen, they would surely have got him signed up by now.

Cue the club announcing a new 2 year deal for Bullen.

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

And if we get gubbed at home to Arbroath which is highly likely given our home form... them we'll be back to toxicity at Somerset and potentially bottom... 

A defeat to Arbroath and Bullen must be sacked surely? Even a chance of a doing off Peterhead causing a reaction 

If we lose to Peterhead, there is no way he'd be in the job come December

Just now, Highland Exile said:

First half utterly painful, second half marginally better, but just crumbs. We’re now in proper trouble this season…

We’ve been in massive trouble since the 3-1 defeat on the opening day of the season.  A few chose not to see it, but their numbers must be small by now.

We’ve been in massive trouble since the 3-1 defeat on the opening day of the season.  A few chose not to see it, but their numbers must be small by now.

We made a recovery, we plated decent football and 3 weeks ago the only problem we had was giving away soft goals. In that state, I could see us finishing in the play-offs. 

The Morton game was a shambles and he made changes too late
The Queens Park game, his changes were a farce
Inverness, Stanger goes off, he decides to sit back, we concede 3 goals in 15 minutes, second half he decides to play further up the park and we do (slightly) Better and don't give away daft chances. 

Three games in a row, Bullen has fucked us. 

I'm not sure the board are where we are wrt. BGM. He somehow retains their faith.

The home form is justification enough for showing him the door imo. Ultimately, the squad isn't even achieving the sum of its parts and that's on the manager.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We made a recovery, we plated decent football and 3 weeks ago the only problem we had was giving away soft goals. In that state, I could see us finishing in the play-offs. 

The Morton game was a shambles and he made changes too late
The Queens Park game, his changes were a farce
Inverness, Stanger goes off, he decides to sit back, we concede 3 goals in 15 minutes, second half he decides to play further up the park and we do (slightly) Better and don't give away daft chances. 

Three games in a row, Bullen has fucked us. 

3 decent performances in 13 games, including one home victory.  It really ain’t great.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure the board are where we are wrt. BGM. He somehow retains their faith.

The home form is justification enough for showing him the door imo. Ultimately, the squad isn't even achieving the sum of its parts and that's on the manager.

On the face of it today, losing one of our only fit centre halfs early caused us issues. Musonda and Ahui were both injured (maybe) and our first choice keeper is out. All beyond Bullens control. 

What wasn't though was the manner in which we played when Stanger went off, we reacted like he'd been sent off rather than replaced. We played a left back at right back who barely gets a game, thats on Bullen. He kept an attacking midfielder in Senga on rather than swapping him for Young to try and protect the back 4, leaving Murphy and Chalmers to try and create things. 

3 decent performances in 13 games, including one home victory.  It really ain’t great.

No, but they came in a row which showed massive improvement to the previous games. Even today, we are trying to play football. 

3 Weeks ago it looked like, one or two minor tweaks and we'll be fine and Bullen has taken a claw hammer to it. 

Ordinarily I'm not that keen on players taking interim charge but you'd think Murphy and McGeady between them would be able to get a better tune out of this team than Bullen. I think we could have Dundee Utds defence and still concede at a hilarious rate. 

Edited by Jeff Venom