The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

f**k me does that not just take the edge off...

I'm looking forward to Friday night much more now.

And for anyone that's not partaken so far, can I recommend the championship relegation thread. It's fucking glorious.

A quick look at the Raith thread as they realise that they could have 2 from Falkirk Partick Morton and QoS in League 1 with them next year is also fun to read.

Just noticed Willie Collum was the fourth official down at Tottenham v Man Citytonight, slightly different surroundings for him compared to Somerset last Tuesday night.

Talking of refs we’ve got our old friend Bobby Madden on Friday night. Wonder how many stonewall penalties he’ll turn down this time.

Talking of refs we’ve got our old friend Bobby Madden on Friday night. Wonder how many stonewall penalties he’ll turn down this time.
Dundee United fans up in arms saying that's us guaranteed a penalty but he's certainly never been any good to us.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah so are we just leapfrogging each other for the rest of the month?  Actually we have the cup on Saturday so you should pull away.

We’re finishing 2nd bud.

There is an argument to suggest finishing 4th is better than finishing 3rd with regards to travelling midweek. 

Its nice to be having a different conversation for once and not being involved in the championship relegation thread. 
Next season if Morton end up in the playoffs I reckon Raith would beat them. Can't see them beating any of the others floating around there. 2 Part time teams in this league next year would be huge....maybe 3 depending on how desperate Raith's financial woes are. 

12/12 against Dundee United to secure the playoffs would be the cherry on top for an excellent season.  Can't see them catching County but I could see us catching them. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Rose suspended for Friday night?

He’s got 6 yellows and he got his 6th against Dunfermline. I think it takes 2 weeks for the ban to come into effect.

All the yellow cards were put back to zero at Christmas (new rule) so itdepends when he collected them all... 

All the yellow cards were put back to zero at Christmas (new rule) so itdepends when he collected them all... 

Ah well that’s handy.

I’ll need to check but I don’t think he’s collected 6 yellows since Christmas.

Was the wall falling down ?

I feel as if I'll really miss the old one as didn't like the look of the new part that's been built.

Between that and the memory of our old floodlights it's almost heartbreaking !!

37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Excellent. 

Was the wall falling down ?
I feel as if I'll really miss the old one as didn't like the look of the new part that's been built.
Between that and the memory of our old floodlights it's almost heartbreaking !!
I thought they were finally looking to upgrade the ground when I saw that

"We have proven this season that, in the bigger games, we are actually better. We have boys who are used to playing big games in big atmospheres and we must make sure this team gets out this league."

Good to see Robbie Neilson obviously doesn't class the games against us as 'big games'.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

"We have proven this season that, in the bigger games, we are actually better. We have boys who are used to playing big games in big atmospheres and we must make sure this team gets out this league."

Good to see Robbie Neilson obviously doesn't class the games against us as 'big games'.

That's because he's a complete knobend. 

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

Well, if Neilson’s quote about making sure they get out of the league doesn’t half smack of “we’re financially gubbed if we don’t”...

He'll be co-manager of Dundee City FC when they merge in the summer with their neighbours as Dundee will only have championship level football next season.