The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes

I think being in the play offs back to back would definitely be an achievement.

Dundee United and Partick were always going to be in the top four. It doesnt leave much room for the rest.

A Livingston coming down for example would create a more level playing field next season.

Like 90 minutes on a Saturday folk see things differently.

I should maybe have caveated it by saying this season is a write off with Bullen in charge.

Admittedly, there would be a lot to play for with a different manager in charge.

I still don't think we'll be in a relegation battle unless Dowds is injured. The next few games in January will dictate where we are going to be:

Morton (A); ICT (H); Arbroath (A); Arbroath (H) & Queens Park (A).

Literrally, every team in and around us. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I should maybe have caveated it by saying this season is a write off with Bullen in charge.

Admittedly, there would be a lot to play for with a different manager in charge.

I still don't think we'll be in a relegation battle unless Dowds is injured. The next few games in January will dictate where we are going to be:

Morton (A); ICT (H); Arbroath (A); Arbroath (H) & Queens Park (A).

Literrally, every team in and around us. 

I fully expect Holding will be recalled from Glenafton to see us through January.  The two loan players will go back. Dundee United will play silly buggers with Chalmers and we will have a similar situation we had with Mullen. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We've already spent the Dipo and second place money in the summer by the sounds and we got a poor return for it. We're now going to be diving into the loan market to try and rectify what mistakes we made.

Grim.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Each to their own, but a massive over reaction perhaps?

Think what you like but late December is a bit early to be throwing in the towel when the league is, as you say, still so open.

It’s pretty safe to say we ain’t going to challenge for the title this season.If anyone one here thought we would, with the budget we have then they’re barking at the wrong moon . However every place we climb means about £70k in prize money , which will mitigate our loses this season , unless we get a plumb draw in the cup of course . Much will depend on the window but I’d say fourth is well within our range . 

With finishing 2nd last season, and all the money we had come in, which has been spunked up the wall effectively, the target should have been 2nd again. 4th should have been a disappointment but seems like a pipe dream atm. Like a death spiral being in this league for a club our size.

Praying like f**k that Bullen is saying that to play down our budget this month as I’m certain it was said earlier in the season that we were holding money back to use in January if needed. 

There isn’t even anyone in the squad that would jump out at you that would leave. Smith and Ecrepont maybe?

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Praying like f**k that Bullen is saying that to play down our budget this month as I’m certain it was said earlier in the season that we were holding money back to use in January if needed. 

There isn’t even anyone in the squad that would jump out at you that would leave. Smith and Ecrepont maybe?

There's a bit of money freed up now anyway.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

There's a bit of money freed up now anyway.

How so? I’m not sure that post on Young is correct. Looks like a fan page assuming he’s back as his loan was until January. Would assume something will be said about him on/before Tuesday.