The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Those goals are terrible from Albinson.  

He was really good in the first half so it's not like he was having an iffy game, don't get it.  

Bring back Timmins?

I reckon we’ll have a new number 1 and goalie coach for the start of next season anyway. Albinson has gone downhill a bit this season and I think the second goal at the very least is his fault. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon we’ll have a new number 1 and goalie coach for the start of next season anyway. Albinson has gone downhill a bit this season and I think the second goal at the very least is his fault. 

He frustrates the hell out of me when he makes world class saves at point blank range and then in the same game falls over like someone has tied his laces together and painted the ball with invisible paint. Definitely has the ability, but seriously lacking in either confidence or concentration. Sadly, Mutch not up to much. 

Just now, Only me... said:

He frustrates the hell out of me when he makes world class saves at point blank range and then in the same game falls over like someone has tied his laces together and painted the ball with invisible paint. Definitely has the ability, but seriously lacking in either confidence or concentration. Sadly, Mutch not up to much. 

I think when looking for a new goalkeeper, Brown will want someone more commanding. I’d settle for less of a brilliant shot stopper and more for someone who organises the defence and is commanding at set pieces in terms of coming and taking the ball out the air. Wouldn’t be overly surprised if Mutch went elsewhere as well in search of playing time. 

2 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

What length of contract is our goalie coach on ?

Dunno, but is he more to blame than the keeper for the dip in form? Some people still claim Albinson is the best in the championship.

hard to tell if Dimi is the problem he still seems to be quite new to the coaching but went from Hartlepool in League 2 to Panetolikos in the Greek Super League to us (all since 2021)

Edited by muZZa__44

40 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bring back Timmins?

I dunno, Albinson is clearly still making good saves and had lost 1 goal in the previous 3 games so it's hardly screaming bad coaching to me.  

I think there's a possibility that he was just on fire last season and has returned more to his natural form, he wasn't exactly great in his first season with Timmins coaching him. 

18 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Dunno, but is he more to blame than the keeper for the dip in form? Some people still claim Albinson is the best in the championship.

Are they the same folk that thought Bullen was doing a great job? 

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are they the same folk that thought Bullen was doing a great job? 

Possibly.  I'm not anti Albinson by any means, but we need stability there, especially with what's in front of him. 

Yeah - I’ve said it a few times, but the goalkeeper coach seems an easy target to me. It is absolute basics from Albinson, it’s nothing to do with how he is coached. 

The manager doesn’t get blamed if an outfield player sells a goal from a howler, so it seems weird to me that the goalkeeper coach does. 

7 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Goalie coach hasn't lasted long anywhere since he stopped playing, always a good sign.

Maybe he's that good that he can teach a goalie everything in a few months.

Travel the world, sort out goalies, move on to the next one.

Albinson has definitely regressed this season. He's still significantly better than Mutch though. We'll need to persist with him either way. Hopefully, he plays through this sticky patch and finds his form again.

As for the goalie coach, it's a variable that has changed. I don't think it's a stretch to question whether he is having an adverse effect. In the same way that those that believe Bullen turned McGinty from a bombscare into a competent Championship centre half. If coaching can improve players it can also have the opposite effect.

There is also the question of the defence in front of him. The first goal in particular could have been prevented if Bryden hadn't misplaced a pass, if McGinty had actually defended and made it difficult for the forward and if Charlie had dove a little faster. There are three culpable for that one.

The second one is just an utter calamity. I dunno what Albinson was even doing. It's like he wasn't expecting Docherty to shoot.

Yep, we need a new goalkeeper.  Not really interested in the 2 great saves he made in the first half - that’s absolutely abject after all the hard work the team put in.  The first looked terrible from the SRE, but the 2nd is actually worse.  

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Albinson has definitely regressed this season. He's still significantly better than Mutch though. We'll need to persist with him either way. Hopefully, he plays through this sticky patch and finds his form again.

As for the goalie coach, it's a variable that has changed. I don't think it's a stretch to question whether he is having an adverse effect. In the same way that those that believe Bullen turned McGinty from a bombscare into a competent Championship centre half. If coaching can improve players it can also have the opposite effect.

There is also the question of the defence in front of him. The first goal in particular could have been prevented if Bryden hadn't misplaced a pass, if McGinty had actually defended and made it difficult for the forward and if Charlie had dove a little faster. There are three culpable for that one.

The second one is just an utter calamity. I dunno what Albinson was even doing. It's like he wasn't expecting Docherty to shoot.

He isn’t being coached to not attempt to save things with his hands though, so I can’t see how that variable changing matters…

If you could see his style of goalkeeping noticeable changing fair enough, but not when he is just making basic errors.