The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From my seasons watching Ayr:

Good - Kevin Cuthbert, Ross Doohan, Kristján Finnbogason, Mark McGeown, Craig Nelson, Ludovic Roy, Viljami Sinisalo, Henry Smith

Ok - David Castilla, David Crawford, Greg Fleming, Stephen Grindlay, Jens Martin Knudsen, Alan Main, Ryan McWilliams, Graeme Smith, Charlie Albinson 

Bad - Ally Brown, Thomas Gill, , John Hillcoat, David Hutton, Aidan McAdams, P. J. Morrison, Robbie Mutch, Knut Marius Røvde, Craig Samson, Peter Urminský

Jack Ruddy - Jack Ruddy

Spoiler

Never saw: 

Peter Cherrie

Barry John Corr

David Mitchell 

I'm sure I've forgotten a couple names along the way.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Good - Kevin Cuthbert, Ross Doohan, Kristján Finnbogason, Mark McGeown, Craig Nelson, Ludovic Roy, Viljami Sinisalo, Henry Smith

Ok - David Castilla, David Crawford, Greg Fleming, Stephen Grindlay, Jens Martin Knudsen, Alan Main, Ryan McWilliams, Graeme Smith, Charlie Albinson 

Bad - Ally Brown, Thomas Gill, , John Hillcoat, David Hutton, Aidan McAdams, P. J. Morrison, Robbie Mutch, Knut Marius Røvde, Craig Samson, Peter Urminský

Jack Ruddy - Jack Ruddy

Reveal hidden contents

Never saw: 

Peter Cherrie

Barry John Corr

David Mitchell 

Cherrie and Corr were rank.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jack Ruddy - Jack Ruddy

Reveal hidden contents

Never saw: 

Peter Cherrie

Barry John Corr

David Mitchell 

Main was absolutely done when he came to Ayr.  I only recall him playing a couple of games before moving on.  Samson wasn’t great, but putting him below Knudsen is clearly just trolling that clown General Wotsit.  Pretty sure he only played a couple of games before him and his bobble hat headed back to the Faroes.

36 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Always puzzled by what happened to Castilla. I think he basically retired from football after leaving Ayr despite only being in his early 20s.  The Dalziel effect maybe.  Will always remember him running the length of the park to celebrate one of the goals in the relegation decider against Partick in 98.

I always mind him pulling off a weird save behind his head, up at Airdrie.

He'd kicked it out, they lumped it back and he was well off his line. Falling backwards, fingertips too it, and over the bar.

Used to see him out in the town on a Saturday night too. Lovely fella, ladies seemed keen on him

17 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Sad to think that Brexit means we won’t see nearly as many Jeromes or Djaffos coming our way. How the hell David Bangala ever got a work permit is beyond me.

The fact we had local MPs banging the drum about getting him in the country is hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The fact we had local MPs banging the drum about getting him in the country is hilarious. 

Brexit had the opportunity to make one good contribution by stopping us signing him and it couldn’t even do that.

I remember a game at home to Queen's Park in one of the cups. Must have been Castilla's debut or not long after. One of the visiting fans had brought a trombone in and blew it at every goal kick. It spooked David every time and he hooked all of them out of the park. 😂

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

I remember a game at home to Queen's Park in one of the cups. Must have been Castilla's debut or not long after. One of the visiting fans had brought a trombone in and blew it at every goal kick. It spooked David every time and he hooked all of them out of the park. 😂

That's quality shithousing and i'm all for it

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Jack Ruddy - Jack Ruddy

Hide contents

Never saw: 

Peter Cherrie

Barry John Corr

David Mitchell 

You forgot your boyfriend Jordan Hart.