The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, motley123rock said:

Yeah I’d didn’t noticed him till after I posted. You’re right he was poor. Was a bit of a pasting in the end 5-1. 

Yip disappointing performance. Expected better from our lads as Hibs just had a bunch of kids plus Cadden and the dreadlocked boy that was on loan at Airdrie. 

Franny looked quite peeved off at times when Brown was shouting at him. He took the goal well though 

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip disappointing performance. Expected better from our lads as Hibs just had a bunch of kids plus Cadden and the dreadlocked boy that was on loan at Airdrie. 

Franny looked quite peeved off at times when Brown was shouting at him. He took the goal well though 

Anyone within earshot of him will be. 

Brown shouting instructions to Amartey is a good thing. He obviously thinks there is a player in there or he wouldn't bother.

It kind of reminds me of Mourinho wishing he had a controller for Luke Shaw.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Brown shouting instructions to Amartey is a good thing. He obviously thinks there is a player in there or he wouldn't bother.

Bangala had instructions shouted to him constantly the few times he played.

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Did Tomlinson play RB?

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Absolutely - as much as I think Amartey has something to offer he is very raw in terms of his decision making at times and particularly positional. 

Given the levels he has played at it isn’t surprising. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bangala had instructions shouted to him constantly the few times he played.

That's where the similarity begins and ends. Bangala was never a footballer.

Coming in to the last week of the domestic loan window. any rumours of player movements? 

Hopefully the SFA, FIFA and UEFA will stop keeping transfer windows a secret from Ayr in the future, sneaking them in has killed us over the last couple of seasons. 

Just now, Utdtillidie2 said:

Does anyone think we have spent any of the cup money on players? The ones that have come in were surely just to cover the ones that went out.

I don’t think so. I think it’ll have been kept back for the summer. We haven’t actually upgraded any positions since Brown came in however the midfield does look a lot better just with what they’ve been asked to do. Big question marks over the defence remain and it’s yet to be seen if Willoughby is an upgrade on Rose. 

Just now, Utdtillidie2 said:

Does anyone think we have spent any of the cup money on players? The ones that have come in were surely just to cover the ones that went out.

Brown said it would be used in the summer. It would annoy that we hadn’t brought anyone in if I thought the recruitment team weren’t capable of fucking it up

Maybe mistaken but I thought we would invest some of it due to the tightness of the league. Also thought Smith said something about cash being available if needed. 

We are an injury away from trouble, Dowds/Albinson, so hopefully we can get a couple in on loan this month.

The lack of transfer business is incredibly risky, let’s hope it doesn’t backfire…

Things are so tight and we are still only a couple of attacking injuries away from a disaster given our defensive issues. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Our average age today was just under 19 , Hibs had 3 first team players returning from injury and going by their team sheet an average of around 20 , we had 3 players playing from our under 16 squad 

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Does anyone think we have spent any of the cup money on players?

Just curious but does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get money from games like this one?   Is it usually quite quick or does it take the home team weeks to work out the income and costs?    

Just now, stevep56 said:

Just curious but does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get money from games like this one?   Is it usually quite quick or does it take the home team weeks to work out the income and costs?    

Does not happen automatically, some clubs pay out at month end , and cup money from SFA for qualifying is paid at certain times of the year 

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Our average age today was just under 19 , Hibs had 3 first team players returning from injury and going by their team sheet an average of around 20 , we had 3 players playing from our under 16 squad 

Which players around the first team played for Hibs?