The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, ecocme said:

As a side note I see Peter Murphy is the new Queen of the South Manager and Robbie Crawford signed a 2 year deal at Partick 

Has he actually signed though? Seen plenty about him being wanted by Partick, or is it one of those announcements to be made after they are kicked out of the playoffs? 

7 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Has he actually signed though? Seen plenty about him being wanted by Partick, or is it one of those announcements to be made after they are kicked out of the playoffs? 

Nothing official yet as far as I can see

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

See the Falkirk crowd w**k has begun.  1,700 season tickets sold already.

Wonder where we are at?

About 100 🤣..... they ain't getting my money until I see some sort of something to buy into. We are really, really shite at selling season tics and I'm still not over the shop discount being revoked 

25 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Was in the Greenock Telegraph with Imrie saying he’d made him a very good offer on a 2 year deal but he’d choose Partick. Don’t think it’s official to be fair so could be wide of the mark. 

16 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Was in the Greenock Telegraph with Imrie saying he’d made him a very good offer on a 2 year deal but he’d choose Partick. Don’t think it’s official to be fair so could be wide of the mark. 

I read that one as well. Pretty sure that's where he's headed, don't think we have the clout to steal the deal,(prove me wrong Mr Smith/Mathie). Morton losing most of their bigger names now, they are going to be in for everyone in the market. 

26 minutes ago, ecocme said:

So Partick don’t think they will win the playoffs ………….?

2 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

So Partick don’t think they will win the playoffs ………….?

Don’t think that more their looking to bolster their midfield and Crawford is a a good signing for them considering their only midfielders signed on are Bannigan and McBeth and who knows if they are signing on McInroy or Alston

Just now, AllySloan said:

Anyone at all?

Screenshot_20240510-161620.png

If there’s any chance of getting Crawford back then we should be all over it. 

I’d probably take Strapp and O’Connor but that’s about it. Don’t see the appeal of Muirhead and Oakley would be a decent replacement for Dowds but isn’t quite as good.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Anyone at all?

Screenshot_20240510-161620.png

Just Robbie Crawford and Lewis Strapp, the rest are mince. 

Edited by itzdrk

Does anyone know, what the gap in pay would be between Crawford and for talking sake Syla? I have this idea in my head, that the majority of championship players (outside the most receent relegated prem team) must be on ruffly similar pay? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Does anyone know, what the gap in pay would be between Crawford and for talking sake Syla? I have this idea in my head, that the majority of championship players (outside the most receent relegated prem team) must be on ruffly similar pay? 

going off Salary Sport (no idea how credible they are so pinch of salt with this) both are in the £500s a week thou Syla is being paid slightly more thou i imagine Morton/Partick will be offering him more money to stay/go

Edited by muZZa__44

I can’t think of a player who has split a fan base more than Robbie Crawford. Fans who think he’s the 2nd coming of Christ and others who think he’s a complete dud. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. A solid enough championship level player but nothing more. This is all probably a moot point as it’s been heavily reported that he’s on his way back to Partick Thistle. 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Just Robbie Crawford and Lewis Strapp, the rest are mince. 

Lewis Strapp is a very decent player at this level but always seems to be injured these days which is a shame for him. 

If McGrattan was a few years younger I’d have taken a punt on him, but 23 now and probably wouldn’t get a game for the same reason Imrie never fancied him, the defensive side of his game. Thought he looked good running at our defence. Then again most players do. 

would take Crawford, O'Connor or either of Muirhead or Oakley (thou not both) simialry if he was a year or two younger i would maybe take Power to be a veteran midfielder we've been missing for a long while

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

would take Crawford, O'Connor or either of Muirhead or Oakley (thou not both) simialry if he was a year or two younger i would maybe take Power to be a veteran midfielder we've been missing for a long while

Fact that Morton are emptying Alan Power suggests he’s probably finished at this level?