The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

OK, this seems to be growing arms and legs.... I asked the question because certain fans were all over socal media going on about fines this and fines that, so I asked for proof.... not one single person could clarify, they just blamed certain other fans for the club getting mythical fines, without any proof...

So to clarify, did you ask the club for proof of fines or other fans online? 

The club CAN get fined for certain fan actions as everyone knows and they will have done in the past. The usual ones are pitch invasions or chucking flares onto the park. 

A real issue with policing games is that the police who go to the games really can’t be arsed. They’re looking to get in and out with as little trouble as possible. However the standard of stewarding at just about every club in the country is appalling. A lot of fans don’t help themselves really and the club have made attempts in the past to sit down with the “ultras” to find a way forward. For whatever reason those fans aren’t really that interested in sitting down to chat. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A lot of fans don’t help themselves really and the club have made attempts in the past to sit down with the “ultras” to find a way forward. For whatever reason those fans aren’t really that interested in sitting down to chat. 

Is that accurate?

The club don’t ever seem to engage with an active support, they’d rather send in the bouncers and sniffer dogs.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So to clarify, did you ask the club for proof of fines or other fans online? 

The club CAN get fined for certain fan actions as everyone knows and they will have done in the past. The usual ones are pitch invasions or chucking flares onto the park. 

A real issue with policing games is that the police who go to the games really can’t be arsed. They’re looking to get in and out with as little trouble as possible. However the standard of stewarding at just about every club in the country is appalling. A lot of fans don’t help themselves really and the club have made attempts in the past to sit down with the “ultras” to find a way forward. For whatever reason those fans aren’t really that interested in sitting down to chat. 

I've asked the club and the fans whom have said "the club have been fined", over the years what they have been fined for and how much. I initially done this, not just to close down the fans using it to demonise certain youngsters but to try and fund raise to cover any fine, if that had been the case... I've yet to see any proof this has actually happened, for any of the things you mentioned, or for any other reason. I'm fully aware they 'can' be fined... This dates back a fair amount of time now. I was only calling Tar-b out on the fine rhetoric. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

Is that accurate?

The club don’t ever seem to engage with an active support, they’d rather send in the bouncers and sniffer dogs.

Mathie said a couple of years ago that they invited fans in that group to have a chat with him about how things can move forward. Meetings had been arranged a couple of times and then at the last kick the fans had cancelled them so the plan just never happened. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie said a couple of years ago that they invited fans in that group to have a chat with him about how things can move forward. Meetings had been arranged a couple of times and then at the last kick the fans had cancelled them so the plan just never happened. 

Christ, never knew that.

That’s really disappointing 

8 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Is that accurate?

They did try on numerous occasions 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Don’t want to come across too ‘last of the summer wine’ but I’m old enough to remember when a season ticket was just a (fairly solid to be fair) bit of cardboard that was eligible for all friendly’s and cup games. 

Cats are just shite dogs. 

And hand written names I believe?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Riddie for you! Cats are far superior you don’t need to walk them and keep away mice, flies and spiders 

Cats have absolutely no love for you. How many cats have you seen sat next to a homeless man. None is the answer. I wish there was a killie fan here to help you with the answer.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

These references go right over my head.

Brilliant. Here he is! Tell them @Sortmeout. Dogs will sort you out. Cats will f**k you off.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

10 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Christ, never knew that.

That’s really disappointing 

It was at the Vision Night just before the 22-23 season. Think Mathie had all sorts of ideas about getting a permanent bit in the SRE for the drum to sit on and replacing their banners for games and having them kept at the club but for whatever reason the discussions never took place. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was at the Vision Night just before the 22-23 season. Think Mathie had all sorts of ideas about getting a permanent bit in the SRE for the drum to sit on and replacing their banners for games and having them kept at the club but for whatever reason the discussions never took place. 

From what I know, about previous years. The young uns don't have a 'leader' or any real organisation. This could be something that's looked at again with the new SLO's when appointed. We desperately need an atmosphere back....

10 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

From what I know, about previous years. The young uns don't have a 'leader' or any real organisation. This could be something that's looked at again with the new SLO's when appointed. We desperately need an atmosphere back....

There is a youth board.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there not some issue with Roy Proban surrounding this?  He's the one they all really don't like.  

3 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

There is a youth board.

There is, but is it representative of the youth that follow the club? 

38 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Cats have absolutely no love for you. How many cats have you seen sat next to a homeless man. Nine is the answer. I wish there was a killie fan here to help you with the answer.

Brilliant. Here he is! Tell them @Sortmeout. Dogs will sort you out. Cats will f**k you off.

Yer wrong my cat absolutely loves people and follows you around looking for attention. 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Was there not some issue with Roy Proban surrounding this?  He's the one they all really don't like.  

Aye I think so. I don’t know the guy so can’t comment but from memory Mathie tried to steer away from having to talk about him. 

44 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Cats have absolutely no love for you. How many cats have you seen sat next to a homeless man. None is the answer. I wish there was a killie fan here to help you with the answer.

I am an absolute all round animal lover but dogs are clearly the GOAT of the pet world.

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yer wrong my cat absolutely loves people and follows you around looking for attention. 

Do a taste test. Become homeless and see how long it stays by your side. Cats are like rangers fans. No one likes them and they dont care. Side note, I have a cat and a dog. Ones a rangers fan, the other is my dog.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Do a taste test. Become homeless and see how long it stays by your side. Cats are like rangers fans. No one likes them and they dont care. Side note, I have a cat and a dog. Ones a rangers fan, the other is my dog.

Being an Ayr fan there is a 50% chance he is already homeless.