The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This is a no win situation.

All I know is I’ll be in the north stand making as much noise and showing as much black and white 🌑⚪️ as possible and I suggest everyone else do the same *

*If not away on holiday / if finances dictate 

p.s. if I had known my MOT would cost me a kidney, I wouldn’t have bought a bloody ticket in the first place 😡

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Do you want to be seen as selling your soul by giving them the area where the hardcore support regularly stand? that’s the tricky one.

That's a fair point, and I definitely wouldn't be doing it if it were a competitive game. The precedent is there to give up the NT but the club can hardly celebrate the opening of a new stand by letting the opposition have it.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is the person in the middle crouching down or really short? 
or is he doing that thing where you kneel down with your knees in a pair of shoes to make you look small? 

They have really long arms compared to legs.  

Edited by itzdrk

14 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

p.s. if I had known my MOT would cost me a kidney, I wouldn’t have bought a bloody ticket in the first place 😡

Do what I do and only drive bangers. That way you're never surprised that it needs something fixed.

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:

That's a fair point, and I definitely wouldn't be doing it if it were a competitive game. The precedent is there to give up the NT but the club can hardly celebrate the opening of a new stand by letting the opposition have it.

Technically it would be Ayr fans in the new bit and Celtic fans in front of it

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Technically it would be Ayr fans in the new bit and Celtic fans in front of it

I don’t think the wall is that high is it? It’s hard to visualise though. For a one off game people shouldn’t be worried about this as much as they are 

I get we would rather have any one but the ugly sisters and ideally for me that would have been Blackburn with the Ally link, but that was never going to happen and even if it did we would be opening the new stand to a few thousand, like it or not the club has made a savvy business choice here let's remember the stand it's self has cost the club nothing it's financed by Smith and that's great but to get the most benefit out of it it's got to start making money day one and this game is going to do just that, we all just need to hold our nose and concentrate on the real stuff and IMO the important stuff come the start of competitive action.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t think the wall is that high is it? It’s hard to visualise though. For a one off game people shouldn’t be worried about this as much as they are 

It’s done, I’d rather we made as much as possible from the game. No idea what the fallout from it will be yet, but I think there might be a bit of animosity towards any Celtic fans in the Ayr end now 

Posted (edited)

There’s no pleasing some people.

Club have an opportunity to add £40k to their income, but some people are unhappy because they can’t stand in their normal spot behind the goal, probably the same people that usually spend the first half at the seggy fence anyway.

Fast forward to January and we need to sign another midfielder/striker/defender and it will be the same people asking where all the money is and why the chairman isn’t putting his hand in his pocket.

Edited by Hazbart

It beggars belief that anyone has an issue with maximising revenue for this game.  It’s literally a money making exercise for the club that could fund a real player that really matters to us when the real games actually start.

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Alex Kirk released by Arsenal, would take him back if he wanted to make the move back up here

If only we had a way of generating funds for him...

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Alex Kirk released by Arsenal, would take him back if he wanted to make the move back up here

Aye I saw this. I’d move heaven and Earth to get him back here but I think he’ll fancy staying in England. 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

We went from one of the best defences in the league to one of the worst by simply removing him