The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ayr would only have been paying a fraction of his wages. It scares me to even think what he was actually on at Arsenal.

As for the other thing: going to be funny watching Mathie use the amount of Celtic fans present in the ground as justification for the guard of honour they're given before the game.

I know,  he will end up at a decent level in England somewhere, that has stupid amounts of sky/oil money, wish him well, good player.

As for the guard of honour, we may as well do the huddle at the start  to get in to the swing of things. #HHWEAREUNITED 

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone else find it a tad amusing as we fire in signing after signing while the gaffer is off sunning himself in Dubai and Italy?

Marlon Brando Don Corleone GIF by The Godfather

Clearly making offers they can’t refuse - from the comfort of his sun lounger - pleasing 😊

Think it’s more that Mathie has been warned to get him certain players in before he steps back off the plane in Scotland. Here’s hoping we get another one or two this week. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think it’s more that Mathie has been warned to get him certain players in before he steps back off the plane in Scotland. Here’s hoping we get another one or two this week. 

To be fair, think they have all mentioned a conversation with the gaffer - could have made his pitch weeks ago mind.

Well done to whoever put that banner up.

Glad we have some that care about more than money. 

It’s NOT just a friendly, it’s meant to primarily be about unveiling the new stand. Enjoying it. Nice atmosphere. Not having all 4 sides of the stadium filled with bile and scum.

Absolutely ashamed of our club and the attitude of so many so called supporters who are happy to sell your soul for £40K. 

Just now, JOMT said:

It’s NOT just a friendly, it’s meant to primarily be about unveiling the new stand. Enjoying it. Nice atmosphere. Not having all 4 sides of the stadium filled with bile and scum.

Absolutely ashamed of our club and the attitude of so many so called supporters who are happy to sell your soul for £40K. 

thunderbird6-laughing.gif

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As for the other thing: going to be funny watching Mathie use the amount of Celtic fans present in the ground as justification for the guard of honour they're given before the game.

You are taking the piss with this? Yes 😂

This situation (Celtic Game) is mental and not over yet. There's a load of us going for my bday (the only reason I'm going) and hadn't bought tics yet as we were wanting on the SRE.... not fussed where I stand now tho. My only criticism, is the clubs continued fuckin up of communication.... it's always reactivate rather than proactive... this is an issue, that's been worsened by that approach. 

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

This situation (Celtic Game) is mental and not over yet. There's a load of us going for my bday (the only reason I'm going) and hadn't bought tics yet as we were wanting on the SRE.... not fussed where I stand now tho. My only criticism, is the clubs continued fuckin up of communication.... it's always reactivate rather than proactive... this is an issue, that's been worsened by that approach. 

I've got 2 teenage sons, all of their friends are Ayr ST holders. The depth of feeling among the young guys is huge around this.

This is going to rumble on and I'm not sure the disconnect between future generations of fans and the club is worth it. They feel betrayed.

No matter how much I reason with them and tell them about the truly bleak days supporting Ayr they're not having it.

Choosing Celtic for this match was a grim decision.

12 minutes ago, JOMT said:

It’s a friendly. 

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I've got 2 teenage sons, all of their friends are Ayr ST holders. The depth of feeling among the young guys is huge around this.

This is going to rumble on and I'm not sure the disconnect between future generations of fans and the club is worth it. They feel betrayed.

No matter how much I reason with them and tell them about the truly bleak days supporting Ayr they're not having it.

It’s a social media thing I think.  People just want to feel “betrayed” all the time about everything, anything and nothing.

7 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I totally get this and these older yins jumping on this, need to remember being that age imo.... I hated the Girvan Loyal standing in the N.T. singing their bigot bile.... but at least I was in the SRE shouting back, with everyone else, until my voice was gone. It's definitely not over.... I've been disenfranchised for about 8 seasons and although I've attended games, I've not renewed my season ticket in they seasons. I know a LOT of disenfranchised fans, some haven't been back since the Barr era..... there is a lot of work to be done to get the youth behind the club and.the disenfranchised back into the fold.... it's not just about the core 1-2k who turn up whatever.... for this club to truly grow... we need to double our ho.e attendance, every game.

And there's the "so called supporters" line trotted out.

f**k off.

The game means absolutely f**k all, it's a friendly. Genuinely mental how big the heads gone is here. 

Folk are acting like this is the only opportunity to enjoy the new stand. Its still going to be there after July 5th. It's just being used as a convenient excuse for bringing in a lot of cash at an important time of the year. 

I didn't like giving up about 75% of the ground to Rangers and being moved from my usual spot - but no one was accused of selling their soul or not being a "real fan" (whatever the f**k that means) because they understood the clubs position of taking in a huge sum. And those were competitive fixtures. This game means nothing.

Definitely agree, young folk love being outraged about everything.

On the other hand I'm quite glad to see them showing their disgust for the old firm. It mirrors how I feel about them without me having to be militant in any way. Other than not going to the game.

They won't change anything but it makes their feelings clear. Good for them I say.

I'm annoyed by it. Selling tickets to anybody other than the home fans in the home end breaks a point of principle for me. But, by christ, it's one (non-competitive) game. Feel aggrieved for 10 minutes and move on. 

These are people who steal each others flags and burn them. And that’s important to them. 
it’s a big culture now and probably draws a lot of people to football to be a part of it. 
It’s easy to say, well I’m not annoyed so no one else should be, but this has gathered pace for about a week now so no one can be surprised. 

My 2 pence worth. Wasn’t bothered initially. However now it just feels like a big day out for Celtic and Brown with Ayr fans now the after thought. This friendly could have easily been in addition to someone for the opening it the new stand. I’d rather have had a game against Whitletts or something and let them keep the gate receipts to help them for example, something different. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

My 2 pence worth. Wasn’t bothered initially. However now it just feels like a big day out for Celtic and Brown with Ayr fans now the after thought. This friendly could have easily been in addition to someone for the opening it the new stand. I’d rather have had a game against Whitletts or something and let them keep the gate receipts to help them for example, something different. 

That's part of my concern too. That it's just a jolly for Celtic fans. It's a bit cringe. 

17 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I'm annoyed by it. Selling tickets to anybody other than the home fans in the home end breaks a point of principle for me. But, by christ, it's one (non-competitive) game. Feel aggrieved for 10 minutes and move on. 

Most level headed response from the NIMBY crowd I've read so far.