The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Maybe we could patronise these young men/women a bit more by giving them a lolly at the gate and a selfie with the Panda.

I’m really not sure why a graffiti art style project would be patronising tbh, they are pretty cool projects and make use of skills some young people have - if it is something that they are interested in. 

You would obviously do it in conjunction with a company that are experts in that type of stuff and work alongside them. 

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Some wee guys are talented at this stuff

Oh absolutely.  I like the pigeon guy

Screenshot_20240603-144625.png

Screenshot_20240603-144819.png

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Any of them good at sculpting?

Could create Bangala Statue Square.

David Bangla made out of elf bars

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m really not sure why a graffiti art style project would be patronising tbh, they are pretty cool projects and make use of skills some young people have - if it is something that they are interested in. 

You would obviously do it in conjunction with a company that are experts in that type of stuff and work alongside them. 

Oh I'm absolutely on board with that. It would be a terrific addition and I'm sure we've got young fans who could absolutely nail it. 

Offering it as a pay off for giving Celtic their spot as way of compensation is a pathetic suggestion and clearly doesn't reflect how strongly the young guys feel about this.

They're hardly going to trust the club to do right by them after this just because there's a mural on the wall.

Edited by Scott-ish

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Oh I'm absolutely on board with that. It would be a terrific addition and I'm sure we've got young fans who could absolutely nail it. 

Offering it as a pay off for giving Celtic their spot as way of compensation is a pathetic suggestion and clearly doesn't reflect how strongly the young guys feel about this.

They're hardly going to trust the club to do right by them after this just because there's a mural on the wall.

Fair enough, I think there needs to be a number of things offered to engage that age group - so just one of many. 

What is doing right by them? The club aren’t selling anyone out here. 

I can guarantee you that everything will be forgiven once the team win a game or two or a good signing is made. Football fans are too fickle to hold a grudge over something this petty. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What is doing right by them? The club aren’t selling anyone out here. 

I can guarantee you that everything will be forgiven once the team win a game or two or a good signing is made. Football fans are too fickle to hold a grudge over something this petty. 

They sold the whole support out when they chose Celtic to open the new stand. They knew exactly the reaction it would receive and the resentment it would cause. 

They knew that Celtic fans would get far more out this game than Ayr fans would. They knew from the off that the ground would be 75% Celtic (at least).

They made a business decision and dropped their drawers for money. 

Some folk are happy with that. I'm not. Not going to cry over it and when we get a decent player signed I'll more than likely move on but they've lost the trust (again) of a lot of young fans. They'll never learn.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The club aren’t selling anyone out here. 

They may feel that way though.  The club have spent the previous two summers blowing smoke up the arse of the fans that do go in to the SRE.  Any disappointments of not being able to stand on the terrace for a year was rebranded as how great that "all" of our fans would be in together making noise in there blah blah.  

It was party line at signing interviews at one stage for anyone that had played at Somerset before to mention something about that part of the ground.  

Would be fair to say (or at least I think so) that some young people may not have realised this was just propaganda and thought it was organic conversation.  

They sold the whole support out when they chose Celtic to open the new stand. They knew exactly the reaction it would receive and the resentment it would cause. 

They knew that Celtic fans would get far more out this game than Ayr fans would. They knew from the off that the ground would be 75% Celtic (at least).

Some folk are happy with that. I'm not. Not going to cry over it and when we get a decent player signed I'll more than likely move on but they've lost the trust (again) of a lot of young fans. They'll never learn.

You've been crying over it all day. 

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Again though, the reaction has been pretty mild on the whole. There’s a group of fans unhappy about it but the club can’t please everyone. 

This is just degenerating into utter madness now.  The simple truth is that nowadays, it is nigh on impossible for a club like Ayr to secure such high profile opposition for a pre-season friendly due to the costs involved.  So in this case we’ve leveraged Scott Brown’s relationship with Celtic to get us a novelty game at a fee that is apparently much knocked down from what you would otherwise have to pay.  We get a novelty game in the early pre-season sun (go or don’t go) and a ridiculous payday to boot.  
If you wish to be mildly irked at being shifted from the SRE (as has been done on several occasions for games against Celtic and Rangers over the last 25 years) then fair enough.  But it’s hardly and outrage or a betrayal.  

10 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Heres another acronym. Actually in context this time. 

GIRFUY

Do you think Celtic would let us borrow their disco lights for the big day?

That would be amazing...