The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Given the make up of our squad if we are getting a winger they should be our random punt signing.  

Aye given we have Murphy and Henderson I suppose you’d be a bit more receptive to trying another punt from the National League or similar. I think the positions up for grabs that almost have to be sure things are right back, centre half (be in Sanders, Musonda or someone else) and a midfielder. We have Dempsey, Syla and Murdoch. We have no idea how well Murdoch has recovered from his injury and Syla is prone to nightmare games where he gives the ball away. Another body in there who can handle this level would be decent. 

I make it 19 players plus a couple of other youths (ive included a few that you would actually consider capable of playing 1st team) were already at 19 players, I would assume we wont go much more than 22 players for the squad thats another 3 - although we maybe shouldnt be including McGeady in that. If that is the case I would go a RB (with McAlister than covering CB) plus 1 more CB that can cover LB is ideally a fully fit Musonda. Then another CM. Another attacking player that can cover wing and CF would be ideal, although could be Browns expecting McKenzie and Bryden to cover wing and CF. Unless there are a few going out on loan / leaving we already have a pretty big squad.

Goalkeepers:

Stone, Mutch, Ecrepont 

RB

McAllister, Watret

LB

Reading

CB

McGinty, Stanger - tbc Musonda

Midfielders:

Murdoch, Dempsey, Syla

Wingers:

Murphy, Henderson, McGeady, Tomlinson

Strikers: 

Dowds, Oakley, McKenzie, Bryden

32 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I make it 19 players plus a couple of other youths (ive included a few that you would actually consider capable of playing 1st team) were already at 19 players, I would assume we wont go much more than 22 players for the squad thats another 3 - although we maybe shouldnt be including McGeady in that. If that is the case I would go a RB (with McAlister than covering CB) plus 1 more CB that can cover LB is ideally a fully fit Musonda. Then another CM. Another attacking player that can cover wing and CF would be ideal, although could be Browns expecting McKenzie and Bryden to cover wing and CF. Unless there are a few going out on loan / leaving we already have a pretty big squad.

Goalkeepers:

Stone, Mutch, Ecrepont 

RB

McAllister, Watret

LB

Reading

CB

McGinty, Stanger - tbc Musonda

Midfielders:

Murdoch, Dempsey, Syla

Wingers:

Murphy, Henderson, McGeady, Tomlinson

Strikers: 

Dowds, Oakley, McKenzie, Bryden

We also have Guthrie and McRoberts ( both forwards ) signed

Posted (edited)

If we can get at minimum enough players to get 2 starting line ups for pre-season I would be happy can defo have more but looking at hopefully at minimum 

IMG_8919.jpeg
extra subs: McRoberts, Guthrie + any youths that happen to get call ups (also assuming Mutch will still be out)

Edited by muZZa__44

13 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

If we can get at minimum enough players to get 2 starting line ups for pre-season I would be happy can defo have more but looking at hopefully at minimum 

IMG_8919.jpeg
extra subs: McRoberts, Guthrie + any youths that happen to get call ups (also assuming Mutch will still be out)

Under no circumstances can we run with a centre midfield pairing of Murdoch and Dempsey again. They both disappear at the same time far too often. 

7 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Under no circumstances can we run with a centre midfield pairing of Murdoch and Dempsey again. They both disappear at the same time far too often. 

Not saying this is how we should be lining up I’m just saying this is how I would be doing the pre-season matches two line ups each playing 45 minutes (I don’t want to have to play McGeady for 45 but I imagine brown would pick him over Guthrie)

8 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Not saying this is how we should be lining up I’m just saying this is how I would be doing the pre-season matches two line ups each playing 45 minutes (I don’t want to have to play McGeady for 45 but I imagine brown would pick him over Guthrie)

I would have expected the season just finished to have been McGeady's last as a player. His legs are gone. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I would have expected the season just finished to have been McGeady's last as a player. His legs are gone. 

Last season was bad enough but if McGeady doesn’t own up himself and retire then he’s blatantly stealing a wage. Under no circumstances should he be signed as a player this season. Giving him a 2 year contract last summer was crazy

If he wants to keep playing he’s a squad filler for the first team would rather if he wants to keep going playing for the reserves as a veteran figure for the youth players 

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

That was when we had a manager happy with any random shite as a signing…

Yeah, but I would still rather he was at centre half and an actual RB brought in.

For me Stanger looked more assured at right back and could be his best position, let’s see. I agree we are 1-2 short in defence, it’s good having lads like Musonda and Stanger that are versatile at least

David Carson is available for a move and can play RB and CM so whilst I’ve no idea if he’s interested in staying in this division or what he’s currently earning I’d say he’s as reliable an option as we could get for those positions. 

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I’m off to Germany on 13th June, as I suspect you are also. How many signings/re-signings should we expect prior to that? 

7 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

These two need to be going on out on loan and getting regular games.

2 minutes ago, andrewaufc said:

I know where I’d rather be

Don’t we all.

From Wikipedia, Rus is a midfielder but I’ve no idea what type of midfielder. Had a few loan spells but never had a huge amount of game time. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t we all.

From Wikipedia, Rus is a midfielder but I’ve no idea what type of midfielder. Had a few loan spells but never had a huge amount of game time. 

TransferMarkt has him down as a wide player than can play left or right wing, which I wouldn’t say is a position we need to strengthen right now

Just now, andrewaufc said:

TransferMarkt has him down as a wide player than can play left or right wing, which I wouldn’t say is a position we need to strengthen right now

Replaces Amartey I suppose and as people were saying it’s a position we’re able to take a punt on as we have other options there already.