The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Despite his lack of availability throughout a season it’s a blow. We need to get Sanders signed up and another left sided centre half ideally.

If Musonda has decided to move on, he goes with best wishes. But much like Raith fans when we signed him, not that sad to see him go, he doesn’t play regularly enough to be reliable and it often disrupts the team due to him being out. 

41 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Well if Mutch is out until September and Ollie is still out on loan then we’ll need a backup/competition for Stone surely

Nah Ecrepont is already back since like late April

IMG_8951.png

I doubt we’ll loan any of the young fringe players out until after the league cup. Brown might fancy using some of them in those games to see if he can rely on them in the league games. Would think that Ecrepont and Watret as a minimum would go on loan to League 1 or 2. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Dunno if this has been posted but ICT look fecked!

https://www.facebook.com/share/deS2zQLNU6foQVEC/

Hate to see any club go, but we had to live within our means and had an absolute dose of shite on the pitch for a long time until we paid back what we owed.  Relying on a battery factory for a football club to survive did not just happen overnight!!!

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has Charles bought his plane ticket to come over yet? 

Mind this grown ass man wrote a fantasy match report before we played Hamilton or something and had us winning like 18-1

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Mind this grown ass man wrote a fantasy match report before we played Hamilton or something and had us winning like 18-1

Aye, with David Bangala scoring a hattrick and he wasn’t even allowed in the country yet. 

52 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

See someone on that Ayr United fans worldwide has said Musonda has turned down a contract offer from us and has already said his goodbyes

If true no great loss. Decent player but no available often enough through international duty and injury

I do like Musonda, there is a player there. However he’s on average missing 30 to 35 percent of the season either injured or on international duties. Very much understand how Raith fans felt when he left. Also means we definitely have to get cover in for Reading as I worried he was his competition had he stayed. 

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sorry, I meant more from a squad building point of view. Obviously we’ll have spaces left and if so desired we could fill our team with loans from England. I meant more in terms of having players tied down beyond this season. If you’re relying on 5-6 loans in your squad well then that’s 5 or 6 players you definitely have to replace or convince to sign next season. 

Presumably the folk coming in now are players that the club has had an eye on for some time. Loans for players either out of favour or otherwise unlikely to play for their parent clubs next season might be easier to get signed than long-term contracts.

If Brown is indeed only after a couple more players then that will make the first team very loan-heavy and will necessitate a big rebuild next summer. But at some point there needs to be a rebuild anyway, as most of the contracted squad are not good enough to get promoted out of this league and that's the next target.

Not overly bothered if Musonda moves on but watch him sign for another championship club and play the vast majority of games. If he does go it means we need 2 centre backs and another LB to challenge Reading. 

9 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'm sure Frankie will be one of our highest earners, will be disappointed if he goes but can see him ending up down south in league 2 

if not Ayr I think he would be down south , certainly not seen any confirmation so far of him making a decision either way due to being out in Zambia