The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Would love to see us sign Strapp. Starting left back with Reading as back up would make me feel a lot more comfortable with that side of the park.

A player of that type would probably allow for a slighter more free role for Murphy further up that side of the pitch. I felt he occasionally needed to adopt a much deeper position to support Reading.

When it was first mooted someone suggested the rumour was that Strapp was off to Dundee.

Make it happen, Ayr.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Lewis Strapp still looking for a club? 👀

For some reason no one is that desperate to sign him. You could understand it last season as he was injured and it may have put teams off but he’s comfortably a top half Championship player yet no one is falling over themselves to bring him in. 

Raith opted for Stevenson, Dundee Utd have just signed someone from down South, rumours that Dundee are looking at a young guy from Rangers. These are the kind of clubs I’d have thought would be a shoe in for him. Unless he’s holding out for a club like Thistle but they arguably have a superior player already in Milne. Even Kilmarnock but there’s the talk of Cameron Harper at Caley. 

There could be a very possible scenario of him getting to August without a club and ending up back at Morton like he did last season. 

Edit to add: I’d have him in a heartbeat but I also don’t see the value in having two players who can only play left back on the books. Can Strapp play centre half or at right back? I don’t see us signing Reading on a two year deal just to bomb him out the squad for someone else. I can see us signing someone who can cover across the back four and is there to come in if Reading needs dropped. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Lewis Strapp still looking for a club? 👀

I’d take him but I think he wants to move further up and that would require him doing a pre-season with someone to prove his fitness. 
He may fall in to our pond later in the window and if he does, we’d be daft not to offer him something. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’d take him but I think he wants to move further up and that would require him doing a pre-season with someone to prove his fitness. 
He may fall in to our pond later in the window and if he does, we’d be daft not to offer him something. 

Did we not offer him something last season and then retract it when Murdoch and Dempsey got injured? 

Strapp hadn’t played in the last 7 games for Morton so possibly won’t pass a medical atm , not sure of any timescale to his injury perhaps a bit like last year 

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We really don’t need any walking wounded if we’re going with a relatively small squad. It very nearly cost us our league position last season 

It wasn’t small last season it was just full of shite

I'd be right up for naming the stadium and playing without sponsor on the kit for a season if we can get the same or more £ to do so.

Do something cool for the fans #weareunited n that.  

37 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Absolutely nobody knows or cares who this company is at Somerset Park

Get it done. 

I've always wondered why more clubs don't do this. Easy money.

Everyone that follows the club still just call it by its actual name anyway, but the club make money from advertising.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You would think that if we really wanted to keep Chalmers, we could have matched Thistles offer at least. It’s not that they would be offering a grand a week more. 
I suspect that Brown doesn’t fancy him enough to pay the money. 

We could match an offer I would guess ,lives in Perth and not looking to move house so Glasgow halves his distance for same money it’s a no brainer