The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Have a feeling that Raith will regret signing Hanlon and Stevenson, they are well past their best. 

See when opposing fans criticise other clubs signings it comes across as and smacks of “a wish we had signed them”

Just for the record,on paper two good signing but have my concerns,not that they are past it but more the length of contract for players that age.Having said that,no idea what the t&c are concerning the contracts

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

See when opposing fans criticise other clubs signings it comes across as and smacks of “a wish we had signed them”

Just for the record,on paper two good signing but have my concerns,not that they are past it but more the length of contract for players that age.Having said that,no idea what the t&c are concerning the contracts

Trust me, we've signed enough ageing Premiership players over the years for me to say I definitely do not want them. 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think you can rule Raith out after they signed Hanlon. They now have him, Murray, Fordyce and Liam Dick who can play there. 

I’d imagine he’s of interest to most teams in the league bar Raith, Airdrie and Morton.

We need one so I'd like to think we would be interested unless you're saying we can't compete with the big spenders which is a fair point but would suggest that rules out a few more than just Airdrie and Morton.

The championship is a completely different animal than the premier league, it's not as technical but I'd say the intensity is 10 times more, as an aging player who has not played much the previous season you will potentially struggle like McGeady last year but you will also get successful players like Murphy, for me Ashcroft should be ok, he's only in his early 30s, my only concern is his injuries over the last season but I'd rather have him than he sign for any of the other teams that are slated to be interested 

8 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

The championship is a completely different animal than the premier league, it's not as technical but I'd say the intensity is 10 times more, as an aging player who has not played much the previous season you will potentially struggle like McGeady last year but you will also get successful players like Murphy, for me Ashcroft should be ok, he's only in his early 30s, my only concern is his injuries over the last season but I'd rather have him than he sign for any of the other teams that are slated to be interested 

💯 %

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Watret doesn’t look as small and fragile there as he did 10 months ago. I wonder if he’ll get a pre season and a few games in the LC for Brown to have a proper look at him. 

I reckon majority the youths will likely get game time in the pre-season, come start of league cup can see some of the ones in positions that are more covered (Guthrie, Tomlinson etc) could potentially go out on loan (Guthrie more likely then Tomlinson)

Just hadn’t realised that he is still under contract until 25, he won’t be on a contract that we couldn’t afford but they only have 3/4 CB so unless they sign someone else not sure they will let him go or if they do think it will be nearer to the start of the season. 
Well that’s that answered then Ludo*1

Edited by Ayrmail