The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Description above doesn't sound like it would suit Brown's style anyway unless he was more willing to accept his limitations than McGinty was.

A left footer such as Morgan Boyes that is more comfortable on the ball is probably where we should be looking.

2 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Description above doesn't sound like it would suit Brown's style anyway unless he was more willing to accept his limitations than McGinty was.

A left footer such as Morgan Boyes that is more comfortable on the ball is probably where we should be looking.

He’s like an incredibly good version of McGinty tbh. 

I’m 99% certain that McMann has been signed as McGintys replacement and will play at left back when needed. 

We still need another body in there regardless as we haven’t replaced Sanders. Dylan Corr a possibility? Not exactly proven at this level as he was a bit part player with Raith but seems to have been described as a ball playing defender. 

I think at the minute our first choice partnership is Musonda and McMann. Musonda is likely to be named captain so will play every game he’s fit and McMann hasn’t been signed to sit on the bench. Therefore any centre half we sign is likely to be a back up which makes it harder to convince a player to sign. 

Right backs - Watret/McAllister

Centre Backs - Musonda/Stanger

Left Backs - McMann/Reading

That is so thin in terms of quality and quantity.  I see Morton inked with Grimshaw, would be a great signing and covers both right back and centre mid.  We should be all over that.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m 99% certain that McMann has been signed as McGintys replacement and will play at left back when needed. 

We still need another body in there regardless as we haven’t replaced Sanders. Dylan Corr a possibility? Not exactly proven at this level as he was a bit part player with Raith but seems to have been described as a ball playing defender. 

I think at the minute our first choice partnership is Musonda and McMann. Musonda is likely to be named captain so will play every game he’s fit and McMann hasn’t been signed to sit on the bench. Therefore any centre half we sign is likely to be a back up which makes it harder to convince a player to sign. 

I know he can play centre half but given he got in TOTS last year playing left back I’d much rather have him there with Stanger and Musonda at centre half. If/when we sign another centre back Stanger moves to right back until we sign a right back then take a look at situation. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That would be utter stupidity tbh. 

I’m pretty sure that McMann will be played as a left sided centre back either in a 2 or a 3.  McGinty leaving was probably always priced in given the apparent breakdown in relations with Brown, so the assumption that his release meant we’d signed someone else was maybe always wide of the mark.  

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No chance. He is a left back who charges up and down the wing, I'm sure he could cover centre half if required, but in no way is that his position. We definitely need another centre half in the squad as one defensive injury just now and we're screwed .

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That would be utter stupidity tbh. 

Just a theory but I don’t see us signing Reading to another two year deal for him to not play. McMann signing means that if Reading gets injured or has a shocker then we can take him out the team and we still have Stanger and Musonda at centre back. 

This of course only works if we have another defender or two on the books. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m pretty sure that McMann will be played as a left sided centre back either in a 2 or a 3.  McGinty leaving was probably always priced in given the apparent breakdown in relations with Brown, so the assumption that his release meant we’d signed someone else was maybe always wide of the mark.  

I'd suggest we were going to try the Scotland tactic of having Redding as a wing back and McMann as a under lapping Left center back but that makes no sense with us signing 3 wingers