The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Worked back in the 70s when we had white with black panels under the sleeves and a change top which was reversed. We must have played Dunfermline at that time.

We did, for two seasons. Not sure for how many seasons we wore that away kit, but it's fair to say things have changed a bit with regard to kit clashes in the last 50 years.

4 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Worked back in the 70s when we had white with black panels under the sleeves and a change top which was reversed. We must have played Dunfermline at that time.

Wasn't the infamous cursed away kit from 2000/2001 inverted as well?

2 hours ago, Peil said:

image.png.f962eef08409126281c125f3a166ee28.png

It's bad enough they barely rumble the half time draw, but ffs

This will be a digital draw though. This format is guff though they need to have a rethink of it.

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ashcroft joins Thistle and O'Conner has joined Dipo at York. 

Wonder if Dipo told them he played with him at Ayr, known as Irish Messi, get him signed. Awks at first training session .

It’s going to be some league again this year.

At the moment I would put us behind Thistle, Raith and maybe Livi.

Probably fighting it out for 4th/3rd with the rest of the league.

Depending on the next 2 signings, I would reckon we could give the top a run for their money, but think it will be a 2 horse race at the top between Thistle and Raith this year.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Depending on the next 2 signings, I would reckon we could give the top a run for their money, but think it will be a 2 horse race at the top between Thistle and Raith this year.

As you say depends who else we bring in . I still feel we are a rb ch and cm short at this moment in time . 

Aye I think at the minute we can be aiming for the playoffs. I’m not convinced Livingston have a squad capable of challenging for the league but we’ll wait and see.

My concern right now is right back and midfield. We have three midfielders who are all very much the same (high energy, simple passing) so I’d say that’s the primary focus right now in terms of recruitment. 

24 minutes ago, United1973 said:

As you say depends who else we bring in . I still feel we are a rb ch and cm short at this moment in time . 

I don't think for those 3 positions there's quality experienced players available but a lot could still change.

Would be surprised if we let McGinty go without a replacement lined up, unless McMann is his replacement. 

We still don't know how Brown is going to line up, a 3 at the back may explain why we've signed so many wingers if we're possibly going 3/4/3 for example. 

All speculation of course... probably won't get a clear idea I wouldn't have thought until first league cup game at home to Falkirk on the Tuesday night 

23 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Think your expectations are a little high on the current squad! 

Still got a terrible right back and only have two centre backs on the books.  Rus and Walker unproven at this level as well.