The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d like to think with all the signings we’ve made in those positions we’ve comfortably upgraded on Amartey. Walker and Rus have both been playing at higher levels than he was and Henderson is proven at this level. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I just noticed that Lewis Strapp is still a free agent

Is he not off to Finland? "Strapp is a mercenary who has a fetish for the cold" is the current theme on the club topic whose previous theme was "Ayr United hired the Mafia to steal George Oakley".

4 hours ago, Only me... said:

I mentioned proven names as a preference to loanees and unknown gambles from English pub leagues. I am starting to fear that we may be dipping into that market for the remainder of our squad shortly as decent availability dries up in scotland.

We’ve yet to see who Brown will inevitably bring in on loan from Celtic.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Is he not off to Finland? "Strapp is a mercenary who has a fetish for the cold" is the current theme on the club topic whose previous theme was "Ayr United hired the Mafia to steal George Oakley".

He went to Finland but he’s not signed for anyone yet. 
I’m not sure we’d go from zero left backs to three though

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He went to Finland but he’s not signed for anyone yet. 
I’m not sure we’d go from zero left backs to three though

Hw has signed for a team in Finland on twitter now.  

Stone

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  McMann

Henderson  Murdoch  Dempsey  Walker

Oakley  Dowds

Subs: Ecrepont, McAllister, Reading, Tomlinson, Syla, Rus, Murphy, McKenzie, Bryden, McRoberts, Guthrie

Would like to see that team start tomorrow, with a few changes at half time.  Not sure if we have any young centre mids or defenders in the youth setup ready or if we will have any trialists for the game.  Would be fine with McAllister on a centre half in the second half and give Watret the full match.  Not even entertaining McGeady in the squad....

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stone

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  McMann

Henderson  Murdoch  Dempsey  Walker

Oakley  Dowds

Subs: Ecrepont, McAllister, Reading, Tomlinson, Syla, Rus, Murphy, McKenzie, Bryden, McRoberts, Guthrie

Would like to see that team start tomorrow, with a few changes at half time.  Not sure if we have any young centre mids or defenders in the youth setup ready or if we will have any trialists for the game.  Would be fine with McAllister on a centre half in the second half and give Watret the full match.  Not even entertaining McGeady in the squad....

Like the look of the boy mcRoberts.

8 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

That's true. With the first friendly being tomorrow you would want the majority of the team in place. The later loan market in August or whenever always seems last resort and a risk on who you can get, although we got Chalmers and Mullen before. Still hearing James McCarthy from Celtic supporters, but who knows what we could loan for defense.

8 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

I think unless it's a desperate last minute signing, he stays away from Celtic.  It's only going to be young players like Clarke.  An experienced defender is needed.  Unless they have a gem of a centre mid to come in and compliment our centre mids (it is not going to be McCarthy) then I don't realistically see it.

1 minute ago, railwayend said:

Fixtures announced tomorrow? Who do we want to open up with ? Thistle at home for me ! Another bumper crowd .

Hamilton home/away or Queens Park at home.  Want to stay away from QP away early on as it's at that garden shed.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Hamilton home/away or Queens Park at home.  Want to stay away from QP away early on as it's at that garden shed.

Seen it when at the scotland - Finland game the other week, that is one strange setup.