The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Looking through those fixtures just reminds me of how poor the away day options are this season.

I always look forward to the fife trips to Raith and Pars, that's about it.

QP and Partick are usually decent enough given you have a day in Glasgow for it - QP especially in the southside.

Really praying for some great away cup ties against lower league sides / non league that we haven't played for a while.

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

So the real question is how many more former Ayr players will Accies sign and how many more former Accies players will Ayr sign before the 3rd of August? 

Has Hamilton been freed? He’s 22 according to Wiki so Accies will still be due a fee if he’s not. Unless we came to an agreement over McGinty. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Has Hamilton been freed? He’s 22 according to Wiki so Accies will still be due a fee if he’s not. Unless we came to an agreement over McGinty. 

Lanarkshire Live said a while ago that Accies ended contract talks with him so I wouldn't expect anything to be due seems like it was the clubs choice more than his choice.

31 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hopefully he and Charlie have shockers

You just know against us it will be like Buffon playing behind Chiellini whenever they face us and they'll revert to type against everyone else. 

20 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

So the real question is how many more former Ayr players will Accies sign and how many more former Accies players will Ayr sign before the 3rd of August? 

If we do indeed sign Hamilton (hope so) and Hastie (hope not) then we would have 5 ex Hamilton players in our ranks and you would have 6 ex Ayr players so you could conceivably field a starting eleven of players who’ve been at both clubs. 

14 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

You just know against us it will be like Buffon playing behind Chiellini whenever they face us and they'll revert to type against everyone else. 

Was just about to say big Sean will be saving his inner Beckenbauer for this exact moment in his career. 

27 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we do indeed sign Hamilton (hope so) and Hastie (hope not) then we would have 5 ex Hamilton players in our ranks and you would have 6 ex Ayr players so you could conceivably field a starting eleven of players who’ve been at both clubs. 

This was the best I could do. The terrifying thing is that this is a team that could very well have been fielded in the Hopkin era and no one would’ve batted an eyelid.

IMG_4818.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Lanarkshire Live said a while ago that Accies ended contract talks with him so I wouldn't expect anything to be due seems like it was the clubs choice more than his choice.

If Hamilton haven’t freed him but have offered him an initial deal and he rejected it, you’ll be due a fee as he’s not 23 until March. Accies will still hold his registration. 
Just depends on what Accies have done and how firm their stance is on the player. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Hamilton haven’t freed him but have offered him an initial deal and he rejected it, you’ll be due a fee as he’s not 23 until March. Accies will still hold his registration. 
Just depends on what Accies have done and how firm their stance is on the player. 

I might be wrong but if Accies withdrew the offer then they likely gave up their rights to a fee. As you say though it’ll come down to who actually pulled out first. 

He’s been with them for years as well so I’d imagine the fee due would be quite high although I’m never sure how it’s calculated. 

It’s the type of signing McCall would’ve made to try and get his career back on track whilst getting someone who’s maybe seen as damaged goods by other clubs. I wouldn’t write him off though. He’s young enough that recovery is more than possible, if done correctly. If anything the concern would be if he’s lost any aggression due to fear of being injured again. For a defender, that is a risk. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a shame the Christmas fixtures have been binned, the Boxing Day and New Year’s Day/second were a good excuse to get out for fresh air and meet up with pals. Having it on the Saturdays doesn’t feel the same. Every day is a weekend day at that point. 

Depends on your job.