The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I really don't get the narrative that we have speant all the available funds, everyone who has spoken to Rob McLean on his season ticket drive has mentioned "another couple of bodies" still to come in. I still think we will get a proper RM and a more defensive Midfielder in before the window shuts.

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I really don't get the narrative that we have speant all the available funds, everyone who has spoken to Rob McLean on his season ticket drive has mentioned "another couple of bodies" still to come in. I still think we will get a proper RM and a more defensive Midfielder in before the window shuts.

Yep, we have two trialists involved right now.  Very obvious we haven't used all of our budget.  

21 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Not up to clubs to provide space for TV cameras that only appear 2/3 times per season , they have provided space at both 18 yard boxes for cameras in new stand along with an inside space that is adaptable to use as their studio 

Slightly puzzled by this.  Are we saying we haven’t included any proper camera position at all?  The poor position in front of the main stand has been a long term issue for our own highlights package so surely wouldn’t be used 2/3 times a season.  I guess this leaves us putting up a temporary structure on the north stand which could well intrude on people’s view or put us back to the old days of a cherry picker draped over the main stand.

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Slightly puzzled by this.  Are we saying we haven’t included any proper camera position at all?  The poor position in front of the main stand has been a long term issue for our own highlights package so surely wouldn’t be used 2/3 times a season.  I guess this leaves us putting up a temporary structure on the north stand which could well intrude on people’s view or put us back to the old days of a cherry picker draped over the main stand.

I guess there could be room for a temporary structure behind the new stand as well

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

The television companies have plenty of equipment needed to broadcast from Somerset Park , we should not be paying to construct an area for them , the club have built an area for our media team in the new stand 

5 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Sounds like the open day was a roaring success, last year's only Pendlebury and Amartey were there and was a bit crap by all accounts, clubs moving in the correct direction on all fronts.

That's because last year they did it before team was back to pre-season which was bizarre

40 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The television companies have plenty of equipment needed to broadcast from Somerset Park , we should not be paying to construct an area for them , the club have built an area for our media team in the new stand 

I’m sure they do, but it doesn’t really address the question of where they’ll put it.  Just seems like a missed opportunity.  Given it’s age, Somerset has never been well fitted our for the TV cameras, with the scaffolding next to the old hospitality box the best option we’ve come up with.  This just seemed like a chance to integrate something into the design of the new stand that could equally be used by our own media team for highlights, streaming etc.   I’m not clear why we would expect the TV companies to contribute to the costs involved - I doubt that has happened at any other ground and they still manage to have platforms or gantries for the cameras.

3 hours ago, railwayend said:

I wonder if Liam would like to be reunited with his old full back parter of two seasons or so ? 

I’ve read this a few times and can’t work out who you’re talking about. 

3 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I can't work out if it's Paddy Reading or Scott McMann

Just made me think of Daniel Harvie and cry a little on the inside.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Adams over Bell was a peak solid defence. It went downhill when he got injured.

Aye this! 

I saw Jake Hastie taking part in the golf day so I’d guess that he’ll be signing for us. Never saw Hamilton amongst the pictures.