The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw Jake Hastie taking part in the golf day so I’d guess that he’ll be signing for us. Never saw Hamilton amongst the pictures. 

I don’t understand why we would even be looking at him. My mate is a Hartlepool fan and he laughed when I said he was on trial. The guy is useless once he signs on for anyone plus we need the cash for other areas 

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

don’t understand why we would even be looking at him. My mate is a Hartlepool fan and he laughed when I said he was on trial. The guy is useless once he signs on for

Sometimes players are brought in on trial just to make the numbers or to use as leverage with serious targets ! Who knows if this is the case here but it might be ! 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw Jake Hastie taking part in the golf day so I’d guess that he’ll be signing for us. Never saw Hamilton amongst the pictures. 

In fairness Ralph Rutherford took part last year and was gone about a week later.

36 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Sometimes players are brought in on trial just to make the numbers or to use as leverage with serious targets ! Who knows if this is the case here but it might be ! 

I highly doubt we’d have a player like Jake Hastie on trial if we weren’t possibly looking to sign him. I personally don’t really rate him but if we see Rus as more of a central player then we would be looking for a 4th winger if Brown is still wanting to go with the two players for every position. 

11 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Screenshot_20240630-215949.png

I started a new one a while ago, has a wee bit of the new stand in it - I’ve done it in a certain style which I’m sure some of you will get when I finally get it finished.  My plan is to get it professionally framed and present it to the chairman as a wee thank you from the fans.  Can’t believe it’s July already!!

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I started a new one a while ago, has a wee bit of the new stand in it - I’ve done it in a certain style which I’m sure some of you will get when I finally get it finished.  My plan is to get it professionally framed and present it to the chairman as a wee thank you from the fans.  Can’t believe it’s July already!!

Sounds good. If there's prints available I'll keep a space on the man cave wall for it.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We can score Ricki Lamie off our list of potentials, signed a two year deal at Ross County. 

We're still lacking experience and it's not really been addressed other than Oakley and McMann.  Think that was evident in the friendly with Dempsey and Dowds as captains and Murdoch overlooked for Dowds.  Hamilton and Hastie don't add anything in that department.  Would like to see more of Hamilton, but would be worried if he's the only other defender we sign.  

Wonder if we will bring any players who weren’t at the east Stirlingshire into the game tomorrow (Stone, Musonda, Walker,Murphy) or if you save them for the Celtic game on Friday my mind goes to the latter especially for the likes of a Murphy/Musonda so reckon it’ll be same group of players but switched around 

1st Half

trialist keeper 

Watret 

Stanger

Hamilton

Craig 

Henderson

Murdoch

Rus

Hastie

Dowds

Bryden

2nd Half

Ecrepont

Tomlinson

McAllister

McMann

Reading

McKenzie

Dempsey

Syla

Guthrie

Oakley

McRoberts

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

Wonder if we will bring any players who weren’t at the east Stirlingshire into the game tomorrow (Stone, Musonda, Walker,Murphy) or if you save them for the Celtic game on Friday my mind goes to the latter especially for the likes of a Murphy/Musonda so reckon it’ll be same group of players but switched around 

1st Half

trialist keeper 

Watret 

Stanger

Hamilton

Craig 

Henderson

Murdoch

Rus

Hastie

Dowds

Bryden

2nd Half

Ecrepont

Tomlinson

McAllister

McMann

Reading

McKenzie

Dempsey

Syla

Guthrie

Oakley

McRoberts

Stone is unavailable for a week and Musonda will likely be on holiday or just back. 
I’d hope Walker is in, there more Scottish football these guys play early the better, Murphy, there is no rush with him. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stone is unavailable for a week and Musonda will likely be on holiday or just back. 
I’d hope Walker is in, there more Scottish football these guys play early the better, Murphy, there is no rush with him. 

Did see Musonda, Mutch and Stone on the bench in hoodies at Falkirk so they were there but likely just there for support Walker probably the one one I would expect to maybe come in agree with Murphy no need to risk him

10 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Did see Musonda, Mutch and Stone on the bench in hoodies at Falkirk so they were there but likely just there for support Walker probably the one one I would expect to maybe come in agree with Murphy no need to risk him

Stone apparently broke his nose before he joined Ayr of something and can’t play until a certain date. I’m sure someone said next week. But that was last week so he might be able to play but maybe he’ll just come in for the Celtic game and Ecripont will play against East Kilbride. 

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the only one how could be missing is Murphy due to his hand injury 

30 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think the only one how could be missing is Murphy due to his hand injury 

How long Murphy likely to be out for? 

I reckon well likey not play Murphy in any friendles annd just let him train annd then assume he’ll be back in time for league cup? If not a good chance for Walker to make a good impression