The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

In addition to Hamilton? 

I don't think we need a centre mid if we are playing this wide diamond shape, 3 bodies already for that DM position.  Could go a pacey striker for something different to offer but only if one is out on loan. 

I think it'll leave us exposed as well at times btw, might just be risk/reward though..

Nah if we sign Hamilton then I think that’ll do and providing Watret doesn’t get loaned out I’d be content to give it until January before re-assessing the right back slot.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Looking at the Celtic players that haven’t yet returned for pre season, we are very much going to be playing a Celtic C team plus some youth players and potentially Kyogo. 

We have done very well to just about sell it out tbh. 

Don’t forget Scott Bain!

23 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I heard Hamilton are linked with David Bangala 

We've already got far too many defensive minded midfielders and have Paul Allan on trial highly doubt there's anything in that. 

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

We've already got far too many defensive minded midfielders and have Paul Allan on trial highly doubt there's anything in that. 

Bangala can play anywhere. 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

I thought Hamilton fans were desperate to get rid of him? 

Yes he's already left us that was my point he would be lucky to get a game for Cumnock Juniors highly doubt he'll be signing for Ayr. 

Posted (edited)

Paul Hartley watching Bangala run around like a headless chicken and deciding, aye lets bring him in, is still one of the funniest things I've seen in football.

Up there with Yogi Hughes getting the Pars to give us a fee for Agent Joe Chalmers who would secure their relegation.

Edited by AUcal

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

Yes he's already left us that was my point he would be lucky to get a game for Cumnock Juniors highly doubt he'll be signing for Ayr. 

Scott Brown seems to see something in him 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Paul Hartley watching Bangala run around like a headless chicken and deciding, aye lets bring him in, is still one of the funniest things I've seen in football.

Up there with Yogi Hughes getting the Pars to give us a fee for Agent Joe Chalmers who would secure their relegation.

I’m still convinced he didn’t actually sign him but rather we “accidentally” left him behind with a tag around his neck saying “please look after me”. 

😂 ETA: I’ll never forget the first “vision night” at Somerset where they revealed the plans for the new stand. However when Lee Bullen got up to do his wee update on the playing squad he spoke briefly about Dipo who’d already signed and then revealed that we’d actually signed someone else that very day. There was a dramatic “ooooohh” around the room and then silence fell. And then Bullen told us it was David Bangala. Imagine being present in that room and being told “exclusively” by the manager that we’d made a signing and it turned out to David fucking Bangala. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m still convinced he didn’t actually sign him but rather we “accidentally” left him behind with a tag around his neck saying “please look after me”. 

😂 ETA: I’ll never forget the first “vision night” at Somerset where they revealed the plans for the new stand. However when Lee Bullen got up to do his wee update on the playing squad he spoke briefly about Dipo who’d already signed and then revealed that we’d actually signed someone else that very day. There was a dramatic “ooooohh” around the room and then silence fell. And then Bullen told us it was David Bangala. Imagine being present in that room and being told “exclusively” by the manager that we’d made a signing and it turned out to David fucking Bangala. 

I remember watching the cup tie at home to Pollok and having the realisation that he was probably one of the worst players I'd ever seen. His teammates were literally having to place him in the right spot and telling him where to be for the entirety of the game. "David, fucking there. Stay there".

It's a real shame that he didn't arrive till late August due to the work visa issues - a signing photo of Dipo Akinyemi and David Bangala holding up the scarves together would have been an all time classic. A real piece of chalk and cheese imagery for Bullen's tenure.

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I remember watching the cup tie at home to Pollok and having the realisation that he was probably one of the worst players I'd ever seen. His teammates were literally having to place him in the right spot and telling him where to be for the entirety of the game. "David, fucking there. Stay there".

It's a real shame that he didn't arrive till late August due to the work visa issues - a signing photo of Dipo Akinyemi and David Bangala holding up the scarves together would have been an all time classic. A real piece of chalk and cheese imagery for Bullen's tenure.

Aye I’m sure Jordan Houston ended up drifting in field as Bangala didn’t have a clue what was going on. The Pollok players must’ve been thinking where on Earth did this guy come from.

I'm actually surprised that since Bangala's departure, Bullen, Mathie or Smith haven't came out and told us about that signing. I would honestly love to know what he was like in training and how other players felt like when he was on the field. 

None of it made any genuine sense and god knows what sort of scouting went into him, if any.

39 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Looking at the Celtic players that haven’t yet returned for pre season, we are very much going to be playing a Celtic C team plus some youth players and potentially Kyogo. 

We have done very well to just about sell it out tbh. 

They're all coming down to see their messiah Brown, they'll not be caring about what's on the pitch