The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Dunfermline had to pay a fee for Turner so he was basically out of our reach anyway. Which is a shame as he sounds like the type of midfielder we need.

It was compo which would of been minimal. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dunfermline had to pay a fee for Turner so he was basically out of our reach anyway. Which is a shame as he sounds like the type of midfielder we need.

Dunfermline came out with a club statement that, they were also financially tight and would have to rely on the youth.  

McCall has already said he wants to build a team to win it. Board obviously don’t share this ambition based on that article. Sounds like we are totally skint. 

He also said last Friday that it might take 2 or 3 seasons before that’s realistic. If we don’t have the cash then we don’t have the cash.

With the 2 Dundee clubs likely trying to outspend each other I’d rather we didn’t do similar and instead try get a bit of stability in the league. Without wanting to sound arrogant it would take a f**k up of the highest order to go down next season.

As itzdrk said I’ve not heard us linked with anyone that has me absolutely buzzing so I’m not too fussed at the moment. Sounds like Doolan is close to signing and Moffat and Geggan are apparently signing on Thursday which will bulk up the numbers. If we can offload Moore maybe and sign another striker then that’d be good. I’m interested to see who the Premiership defender might be and if we can get someone like Lang maybe I’ll be happy with the defence.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Dunfermline came out with a club statement that, they were also financially tight and would have to rely on the youth.  

Aye but if I tighten my belt it will still be a lot larger than Itzdrk'.

:unsure::unsure:
2C04C8B1-778F-4960-82A3-87B36C2B7644.thumb.jpeg.58a94de67c41e0ddf4de3514a7dbb507.jpeg
f**k me, can see the sack that board mob on the SRE getting a banner ready [emoji23]. Wonder who the premiership CB is then, can't be lang. Second week where the Ayrshire Post hasn't filled me with any confidence in the slightest, oh dearie me, not going to be a pretty summer.

Turner would have been the perfect replacement for Crawford, if he leaves, which I can see him doing the way things are going.

Not entirely confident with D'Jaffos expections of us not battling relegation, part time teams can be tougher than you think, look at Alloa last season, no reason why Arbroath can't do something similar.

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

It was more getting young prospects from other teams than youth players in the Fife academy they meant. Probbaly still cheaper getting guys like Turner with a small fee than paying folk like Muirhead, Vincent, El Bak and Higgy.

FBDA513F-3E6A-416C-BF47-71315EBA0B6A.thumb.png.2d17c1ecc353ddc75069ccaa819f37a3.png

Hopefully that will dry a few knickers. He took a long time last year to decide he was staying. Hearts not in it so thanks and best of luck.

Was a good player for us but so frustrating at times, too inconsistent

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Maybe I'm being stupid here but surely McCall isn't going to come out in the press saying "I have loads to spend" is that not just going to make players hold out for more money is that not just good business sense

You’re giving footballers far too much credit here. 

The "we're all doomed" brigade on here need to take a few deep breaths and maybe a step back.

It's so fucking easy to want more players, greater ambition, higher budgets etc, but we need to live within our means. It really is that simple.

McCall clearly has ambition for the club and in the last two years he's got most of the big calls right. We need to show a bit of faith, and see what happens.

By all means comment on the rumours but there's far too much negativity.

Just now, pandarilla said:

The "we're all doomed" brigade on here need to take a few deep breaths and maybe a step back.

It's so fucking easy to want more players, greater ambition, higher budgets etc, but we need to live within our means. It really is that simple.

McCall clearly has ambition for the club and in the last two years he's got most of the big calls right. We need to show a bit of faith, and see what happens.

Out of curiously, where do you think a club of Ayr United size should be aiming this season and beyond. 

Just now, pandarilla said:

I honestly don't believe I'm being negative by saying we shouldn't be giving full time contacts to Jamie Adams.