The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hamilton has missed a lot of football so he’ll need a phased return. Playing Tuesday and Thursday might be too much. 
Or he’s realised he’s still quite good and is keeping his options open

Or the club isn’t signing him. 

I think the first might be more likely 

What's the situation with SRE / North Terrace access now that we have both for home fans- is it still the case that a ticket for either of them means you can use either turnstile and can move from one to the other during the game, or is it now strictly one or the other treated as 2 separate parts of the ground ?

What's the feeling on how we're doing/going to do this season from an outside perspective? I know a lot of you interact with the rest of the championship fans on this forum bit I tend to just stick to our thread... I'd be interested how the others are feeling about our possible threat and it's good to take the Ayr tinted glasses off now and again!

3 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

What's the feeling on how we're doing/going to do this season from an outside perspective? I know a lot of you interact with the rest of the championship fans on this forum bit I tend to just stick to our thread... I'd be interested how the others are feeling about our possible threat and it's good to take the Ayr tinted glasses off now and again!

Accies and Queens fans appear to be shitting themselves.

Morton fans as delusional as usual.

Most others seem to think we’ve been splashing the cash so should do well.

4 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We should actually be challenging for the league and with a couple more defenders to be signed, it should be possible. Anything outside top 4 is a real failure now.

26 minutes ago, Hursty said:

What's the situation with SRE / North Terrace access now that we have both for home fans- is it still the case that a ticket for either of them means you can use either turnstile and can move from one to the other during the game, or is it now strictly one or the other treated as 2 separate parts of the ground ?

Think it’s the same, with the North stand costing more, I’m assuming people will be asked to show a ticket when coming and going. But other than that, it’ll be business as usual. 

Any word on how many seasons tickets we've sold? Would like tho think there's been a decent increase considering the notable improvement in transfers so far.

I've still to get mine, will be my first time having a season ticket since 18/19 season I think

22 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We should actually be challenging for the league and with a couple more defenders to be signed, it should be possible. Anything outside top 4 is a real failure now.

Don't think we have the quality in depth to do that I am afraid.  You lose a few players to injuries/suspension then you're back to square one.  I think we'll be anywhere between 6th and 3rd, but don't think we have the squad quality/depth to challenge for the league.  I may be wrong.  Quality defender and centre mid required.

53 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Any word on how many seasons tickets we've sold? Would like tho think there's been a decent increase considering the notable improvement in transfers so far.

I've still to get mine, will be my first time having a season ticket since 18/19 season I think

think we will need to see an improvement  on the park . Yes signing have been good so far but success  on the park makes people turn up

We still look short in the middle of the park to me.  Would rather have spent the money there than on Hastie who’s been scraping along the bottom for years.  Dempsey and Rus looked good against Celtic, but Murdoch is a bit of an unknown at the moment and not sure if Syla is really rated by Brown.  If Kerr McInroy is available at a sensible price, he might be worth a punt.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Get the feeling Hamilton isn't signing.  With Hastie already signed and been in the same amount of time, Brown won't need any more convincing either way.

You'd imagine he's on trial proving his fitness rather than ability.  If he's no involved tomorrow you can forget about him.  

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

Cammy kerry any good? see he is negotiating  his release from dundee

He is better than McCallister but is not good at football.  

I’d say centre back is a more pressing issue than right back though the ideal solution is getting someone who can do both. 

We also need another midfielder though I’m not sure if that’s someone to play Dempseys position or Rus. 

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say centre back is a more pressing issue than right back though the ideal solution is getting someone who can do both. 

We also need another midfielder though I’m not sure if that’s someone to play Dempseys position or Rus. 

one of our problems over recent years has been, our midfield treat the ball like a ticking bomb and we try to get the ball from back to front as quick as possible, meaning we go long periods without the ball. 
When teams sit in but put pressure on our defenders when they have the ball, the whole thing goes to shit. 

We need switch and have  a midfielder that can move the ball from side to side and build patient play, a John Davis, Mark Kerr, Stevie Evans type. It works well with wide players and we almost have nothing but. 

Right back fully depends on if Watret is ready he’s shown good signs but I’d wait for his first league cup start before deciding if we are running with him and McAllister