The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Two former Ayr midfielders still free agents. Kerr McInroy and Cammy Smith. 

No way Cammy Smith comes back after letting Dave Smith down previously. McInroy would be a bit meh, would have a bit to prove as he doesn’t seemed to have progressed at all since leaving. Wouldn’t want to splash a fair chunk of a budget on him considering he was offered terms previously to a top earner. 

I’m not sure where we play McInroy to be honest? Rus has been signed to start and I don’t see us shunting him out wide now given the options we have there. The position that Dempsey plays isn’t really suited to McInroy either. 

If he signed he’d be starting on the bench which isn’t what he’ll be after. This is the issue we have for all signings though. Anyone coming in now knows that they aren’t guaranteed a starting spot in the league cup. 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not sure where we play McInroy to be honest? Rus has been signed to start and I don’t see us shunting him out wide now given the options we have there. The position that Dempsey plays isn’t really suited to McInroy either. 

If he signed he’d be starting on the bench which isn’t what he’ll be after. This is the issue we have for all signings though. Anyone coming in now knows that they aren’t guaranteed a starting spot in the league cup. 

I don't think McInroy has the pace to play the role Rus has been playing.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hopefully if someone has signed it’s announced tonight so they are in the squad for tomorrow. 

Can’t see that happening , not sure where this rumour is coming from 

10 minutes ago, United1973 said:

The Mciinroy  rumour ? 

Don’t think there is a McInroy rumour is there? Just noticed he’s still not signed for anyone since leaving Killie. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Two former Ayr midfielders still free agents. Kerr McInroy and Cammy Smith. 

I'd take neither. 

If we are signing a midfielder or a center half for that matter I hope it's someone with a bit of experience take out McGeady who I don't expect will play any games this season, Murphy who's 34 but comes across as a quiet guy and McMann who is only 28 but has experience of winning a league title it leaves a very young inexperienced team, we could do with that leader who has been there and done it before.

37 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm feeling unironically Dutch today 😊

Has there been any Dutch players within the ranks of Ayr at any point?

Does Jai Holland count?

19 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

If we are signing a midfielder or a center half for that matter I hope it's someone with a bit of experience take out McGeady who I don't expect will play any games this season, Murphy who's 34 but comes across as a quiet guy and McMann who is only 28 but has experience of winning a league title it leaves a very young inexperienced team, we could do with that leader who has been there and done it before.

Surely you now count Reading, Dempsey, Musonda, Oakley , Dowds , Hastie and Henderson as being experienced players in this league , maybe our most experienced team in 2/3 seasons 

Edited by Finlay21

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Surely you now count Reading, Dempsey, Musonda, Oakley , Dowds , Hastie and Henderson as being experienced players in this league , maybe our most experienced team in 2/3 seasons 

We have players with experience. I just don’t see many “captain” typer leaders. Was one thing McCall done really well with likes of Geggan/Adams/Bell/Docherty. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We have players with experience. I just don’t see many “captain” typer leaders. Was one thing McCall done really well with likes of Geggan/Adams/Bell/Docherty. 

Yes captain wise probably can see Musonda , Dowds , Dempsey  or McCann , wouldn’t think any player still to sign would be captain 

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t think there is a McInroy rumour is there? Just noticed he’s still not signed for anyone since leaving Killie. 

Literally bumped into him at Morrisons Troon 😅

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That probably puts it better the impact that Josh Mullen had is an example he'd been there and had experienced a title challenge