The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I do feel that tomorrow’s game is more of a much win IMO now that Falkirk have beat DU, cause both those teams will need to beat us to almost guarantee going through (Falkirk) and to get back on track after a loss (DU)

Lead 50/50 on who starts left wing providing Murphy isn’t ready yet but felt Hastie would be the one who gets the chance

IMG_9693.jpeg

subs: Ecrepont, Musonda, McAllister, Syla, Murdoch, Walker, Tomlinson, McKenzie, Bryden

Edited by muZZa__44

4 hours ago, Iain said:

It is shaping up like one of those traditional "big crowd, big expectations, dud performance" games we see at Somerset all the time.

I don't know about that. Over the last few years most of the real let-down games have been on the back of being pish for weeks and then supposedly wanting to get back on track. This time it's coming after two fairly encouraging results against teams who might not have been trying too hard but have far better individual players.

If any of Bryden / McAllister / Reading are in the XI I would still fully expect Halfords to be sold out of black spray paint by 8pm of course.

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

Realistically, we should be putting three or four past Falkirk without breaking a sweat

Why would you expect to put 3 or 4 goals past a team that the bookies have finishing above you in the league?

Screenshot2024-07-15at13_29_06.thumb.png.c2e1c73dcf7b6e34ee7e205c081d5cab.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I have a very calm confidence about this season.

I am 100% sure that the manager will want us to win every single game we play.

He has already talked about a winning mentality, has assembled his squad and is undefeated with them so far.

He is a serial winner as a player and captain and that doesn’t leave you overnight.

The longer that continues, the more belief will grow not only in the team, but with the support too.

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

Sinsalo apparently set to sign with Celtic

I don't know how I feel about that. I've been wanting that boy to do well since he left Somerset. International caps etc, boys doing well 👍

16 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't know how I feel about that. I've been wanting that boy to do well since he left Somerset. International caps etc, boys doing well 👍

Right, and why would you not wish him well now? He could be featuring in the champions league, will be on a good wage, playing under a good manager. It would a no-brainer for Sinisalo.

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Right, and why would you not wish him well now? He could be featuring in the champions league, will be on a good wage, playing under a good manager. It would a no-brainer for Sinisalo.

I think it's more the fact that it's Celtic and I feel that he'll be playing second fiddle to someone.

As we know, he's a great keeper, Who has come on leaps and bounds since his young age at Somerset, obviously I want him to do well and get some first team games, not in the shadow of someone else. He'd probably go out on loan from Celtic.

image.gif.ccc7d2729739cb7232f5a5058ee9eb5b.gif
Just came across this wonderful Declan McDaid free kick and thought you'd all enjoy it 😁

Edited by Iain

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Why would you expect to put 3 or 4 goals past a team that the bookies have finishing above you in the league?

Do you think he maybe posted it to see if any numbnutted Falkirk fans took the bait? 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Just came across this wonderful Declan McDaid free kick and thought you'd all enjoy it 😁

I was thinking about the Tannadice Massacre again last night and I don't think there's a single player who's had such a subsequent fall from grace as Declan McDaid.

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I have a very calm confidence about this season.

I am 100% sure that the manager will want us to win every single game we play.

He has already talked about a winning mentality, has assembled his squad and is undefeated with them so far.

He is a serial winner as a player and captain and that doesn’t leave you overnight.

The longer that continues, the more belief will grow not only in the team, but with the support too.

Shame for you he won’t be on park tomorrow night as his record in management is not so positive.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This is a doctored image and id ask you to return to league one where you belong. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

image.gif.ccc7d2729739cb7232f5a5058ee9eb5b.gif

Such a bad player. 

In other news, confident for your game against the DABs?

Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, Girth said:

Such a bad player. 

In other news, confident for your game against the DABs?

Thank you. 

I take it he was pretty pish for you?? (Apart from his performance at Somerset). His time at Ayr was probably the best in his career.