The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I mind their fans wanted to scrap with a bus full of pensioners and children after a boring 1-1 draw up there a few years ago and one of their fans kept shouting "ahve goat nuffin tae lose" over and over.  Very funny. 

There was a video of that going about a few years ago. I thought it was on YouTube but can't find it.

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There was a video of that doing the rounds but I can’t find it. 

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There was a video of that going about a few years ago. I thought it was on YouTube but can't find it.

It was my video, removed at the request of an Ayr fan who was visible in it and didn't want to be.  

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would rather we went for Danny Wilson over Mikey Devlin. 

I don't care, whichever one was to sign will mean we will at some point over the next few weeks play a defence containing none of the hoppyball team.  

They'll no doubt concede 25 goals in that game but it'll be nice for the moment at least.  

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would rather we went for Danny Wilson over Mikey Devlin. 

There have been several centre halves written off as done in the top league who have dropped down and been very good. IMO, I think Devlin would be a decent signing at this level. 

Ultimately, he started 26 games last season and was still starting at the end of the season as well as captaining the side. It is hard to accept that he was THAT bad that he couldn’t do a job at this level given that. 

ETA, also started another six cup games. 

Edited by No_Problemo

No matter who we sign, someone will be on here to point out how shite they are, so I'm happy to wait and see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Paying grimshaw out of his contract? Maybe he wants to hookup with his fellow defender 

Allegedly minted enough to probably do that And would send Morton fans up the wall again 

Strange one with Grimshaw.  Been impressed with Watret so not sure I’d rush to sign a very expensive right back when we really need a solid experienced centre back.   Devlin makes sense on paper, but the Livingston fans seem pretty clear that his legs have gone.  We still need more strength and depth in midfield too.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Strange one with Grimshaw.  Been impressed with Watret so not sure I’d rush to sign a very expensive right back when we really need a solid experienced centre back.   Devlin makes sense on paper, but the Livingston fans seem pretty clear that his legs have gone.  We still need more strength and depth in midfield too.

I hope whoever we sign, isn't done. That's shite business! Surely Broon, who constantly goes on about effort and pushing, will not bring someone in who's done!? We're still stuck with McGeady for a yr as it is!

11 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Aye I’m the same. Can’t believe we’ve went from desperately needing a right back to it not really being an issue and we haven’t spent a penny. If we were to sign Grimshaw then he’d be starting and I don’t think that’s the best for Watrets development. 

Devlin may well work out as would Wilson I think. My only concern with either of them is how much is left in the tank. 

8 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I hope whoever we sign, isn't done. That's shite business! Surely Broon, who constantly goes on about effort and pushing, will not bring someone in who's done!? We're still stuck with McGeady for a yr as it is!

I’ve really no idea where Devlin is fitness wise.  Opposition fans are generally a pretty good guide though in assessing a player.  I remember the Partick fans trying to tell us that Kris Doolan was past it and we tried to convince ourselves they were wrong….

3 hours ago, Peil said:

Dare say it's going to be silly the next few game with them now.

Could be like one of the games at home last season V Airdrie. Police horses, riot vans, coppers etc after "trouble" at the away game, then absolutely bugger all happens. 

Rather than waste club money, I think a police car or van sitting outside at that corner for 10 mins after a game would deter any VLs from fighting...at least on the stadium footprint 😂

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Is grimshaw not a cm? 

Right back and CM.  Always looks a bit iffy at RB though.