The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

no complaints with the result but some positive things to take out the game. Interesting to see how the group will play out now..

Three teams will get nine points and Falkirk will come top

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

The “Fraser Bryden, he’s one of our own” is ebbing away with every game.

he needs out on loan 

Aye, I couldn't tell you anything he does well other than "tries hard".  

Postives:  Watret, Rus and some good passages of play, Dempsey looks much improved

Negatives: Rotten set pieces, not much cutting edge from Dowds/Oakley,  no pace or balance down the left hand side.

18 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’re playing ourselves into danger too often as well.  Was the same at the end of last season, but we decided that was McGinty’s fault.

First defeat of the season and the McGinty nostalgia is out already.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Played well enough, actually wanted to keep the ball on the deck. We're still about 2 or 3 bodies short as our subs made very little difference.

In an ideal world we get another midfielder and a striker who can offer something a bit different. Not sure what kind of quality we’ll get when anyone signing won’t just walk into the side. 

I don't like Oakley and Dowds spending so much time in pockets of space outside the box. Doesn't seem to be using them to their best effect.

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We definitely need a striker off the bench that gives you a bit of a different option. 

Need a new striker to start if we want to be challenging, dowds and Oakley too similar 

Thought we deserved a draw. Some really good performances, especially Rus and Watret. Good to see us playing football as opposed to the terrorball we've been subjected to for the last 3 or 4 years from Hopkin, Duffy and Bullen.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I don't like Oakley and Dowds spending so much time in pockets of space outside the box. Doesn't seem to be using them to their best effect.

Still not entirely convinced playing both of them at the same time is the best option. Not that we really have any one else that could fill in to another position.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Dowds less so than Oakley. I think Dowds is ok at dropping in but Oakley needs to be pushing into the back line and making a pain of himself. 

I’ve got no issues from today. Dundee United are still a better side than us and have gotten more minutes since they lost to Falkirk. As long as we go and pump Stenny and Buckie then we’ll be in the mix to go through. 

Hopefully some lessons learned with how much a mess the defence was throughout that.  I hope Devlin and Musonda are fit for at least the Buckie game to develop some kind of understanding before the league starts.  

They need to work hard on set pieces, we look suspect defending them and we have no idea how our shape works attacking them because we are either kicking them out of play or beyond everyone.  Arguably the one that went out of play was the best because we weren't countered.  

Marco Rus though, whit a boy! 

1 minute ago, baba douche said:

I can see that Rus being sent off - he was worth a couple of bookings today.

Best player in the league tho, so worth it.

FTFY

37 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

He’s a pier, just like Chalmers, but he can mix it. Not scared of a challenge. Upgrade? 

Def an upgrade. He's on fire. He's also taken knocks that would have pit Chalmers out for a month.

Despite our squad being improved I suppose we need to remember that we were playing a team who comfortably beat us four times last season and have also improved their squad further. Lots to be pleased about and I actually thought we did well in midfield after we conceded the opener. You can see we will be a better side when Murphy comes in as McKenzie is not a natural left winger and, despite playing well, doesn't give you any real width. I think we are 1 or 2 bodies away from a right good team. 

Premier Sports gave MoTM to a player who touched the ball 3 times.

we played well, Dowds has became a focus for our attack and it doesn’t suit him, we need more players on the front foot to allow Dowds to float in to space. 
We need a different option up front for days like today.
The front 4 were pretty average and Rus was a standout again. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

we played well, Dowds has became a focus for our attack and it doesn’t suit him, we need more players on the front foot to allow Dowds to float in to space. 

Was it not him that missed the open net with his first touch too…

Belter of a free kick obviously. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Michael Stewart is a moron so it’s to be expected. Thought the best players on the park were one of Dempsey, Rus or Watret for us or Ferry or Babunski for them.