The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Good news, paper ticket will be  available from club shop for non computer literate supporters and those who decide late on to attend , looking like being in place in next couple of days 

Back in the club shop? Has the ticket pod been removed?

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

IMG_9779.jpeg

McKenzie in the Rus role and Hastie and Henderson wide. 

How long is it before we play McKenzie as a centre back due to some sort of injury crisis? Despite the slagging he gets he is consistently trusted by managers to play pretty much anywhere on the pitch so he’s clearly doing something right. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McKenzie in the Rus role and Hastie and Henderson wide. 

How long is it before we play McKenzie as a centre back due to some sort of injury crisis? Despite the slagging he gets he is consistently trusted by managers to play pretty much anywhere on the pitch so he’s clearly doing something right. 

There's a decent chance he passes the 200 appearance milestone this season 🤣

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

There's a decent chance he passes the 200 appearance milestone this season 🤣

Good on him. Clearly limited in some areas which means he’ll likely never move up from us but he does a lot of the simple things well that most people don’t recognise. 

Just now, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Where is the star man Rus!?? Hopefully not injured ahhhhhhh

Suspended after two bookings in last two games. 

If Brown honestly thinks Mark McKenzie is a better centre midfielder than Syla, then he needs to sign 2 midfielders and quick.  Given Murdoch is obviously no where close to match fitness, we can’t possibly go into the season with only Dempsey and Rus as recognised CMs.

3 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Cheers fella.... Bit gutted he isn't playing 

Aye this is the kind of game he should’ve been running the show but maybe a rest is good for him as well. We should be aiming to win tonight without him. 

I would say with every passing game it's looking less likely Andy Murdoch is going to be part of plans going forward..

Unless he's injured again you'd be a bit worried if you're not getting a look in against Stonehousemuir. 

Not bothered if Musonda is LB, played there last 3 months of the season and he was better than Reading IMO going forward and defending. 

Just now, Rb123 said:

I would say with every passing game it's looking less likely Andy Murdoch is going to be part of plans going forward..

Unless he's injured again you'd be a bit worried if you're not getting a look in against Stonehousemuir. 

Not bothered if Musonda is LB, played there last 3 months of the season and he was better than Reading IMO going forward and defending. 

Doesn’t look good for Syla either.  Was a bit of an open question for me at the end of last season whether Brown really rated him and thought he could be developed further.  Overlooking him tonight surely confirms he is just making up the numbers.  

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Doesn’t look good for Syla either.  Was a bit of an open question for me at the end of last season whether Brown really rated him and thought he could be developed further.  Overlooking him tonight surely confirms he is just making up the numbers.  

Think when Syla came from Brentford there was probably the expectation that he would be of similar level/quality to Rus however it's clear he's nowhere near that.

He's probably 3rd in the pecking order behind Rus and Dempsey. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I think it’s more Brown is wanting a more like for like replacement for Rus in this game which neither Syla or Murdoch play so your left with McKenzie as that option

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Think when Syla came from Brentford there was probably the expectation that he would be of similar level/quality to Rus however it's clear he's nowhere near that.

He's probably 3rd in the pecking order behind Rus and Dempsey. 

Yeah, I presumed him to be 3rd choice, at least until Murdoch theoretically returned.  But to be behind McKenzie is pretty bad - is it possible Hastie could be playing centrally?

I’ve no strong opinions on Syla really - saw him play well on occasion but his distribution was always an issue which I think Brown picked up on quickly.  But if he’s held in such low regard, then we really do need to strengthen.  It’s been a good summer recruitment wise, but would be a shame if we find ourselves falling back on McKenzie once the real stuff starts.  

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I think it’s more Brown is wanting a more like for like replacement for Rus in this game which neither Syla or Murdoch play so your left with McKenzie as that option

McKenzie is a like for like replacement for Rus?  

9 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Think he loses possession too much for Browns liking. That position that Dempsey plays is one where Brown isn’t expecting a huge amount of risky passes being played. Syla isn’t exactly one for recycling the ball and waiting for an opening. He also isn’t quick enough to play in the position that Rus has been taking up. 

I can see Murdoch playing a part before Syla. It’ll just be a question of if we can get someone to take him off our hands. 

Just now, Nelson said:

McKenzie is a like for like replacement for Rus?  

In the case of he’ll likely gets foward not saying he’s anywhere near like rus but I can see what Brown is trying to do by having a more attacking player in that midfield two