The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Think the criticism I'm seeing of Dowds is a bit OTT. Had a shocker in front of goal today granted but currently had 5 goal contributions in 4 games and does a tireless amount of work off the ball. Expect he'll have a good year

21 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

There was a big queue at the ticket pod as well because the system was so slow. Woman working there said using the new computer system was like going back in time

The scanning process at the main stand was also incredibly slow so it seems like this is an issue they are going to have to resolve before we have a bigger crowd or people will get very frustrated.

The new ticketing website is certainly better than the last one (which would not be difficult) but I have noticed quite a few fairly basic bugs which makes me think that it isn't widely used or it is still actually being written.

Plenty of positives overall though compared to where we were 12 months ago.  Some midfield experience and ideally a 3rd striker to back up Dowds and Oakley and we won’t be far away.

46 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m on holiday so didn’t actually see today, but was just speaking generally about the midfield and goals conceded. 

I think that makes sense with Murphy, we have lots of quality, pace and directness in there but someone who can just slow things down when needed is invaluable. 

Yeah, midfielder and striker and I’ll be delighted. A striker that can genuinely challenge Oakley and Dowds though. 

Aye I was just meaning for the season ahead that I have no real concerns with what we’re doing so long as we don’t have huge injury problems. Rus is the only one where if he’s injured it’s a massive drop off in quality to his replacement and Murphy can’t give you 90 minutes every week but Hastie looked good in the final third. It was just up until that area where Murphy offers a lot more.  

2 hours ago, railwayend said:

I’ll put it down to a young manager making a mistake . We need to drop it and move on . However that’s the Christmas window budget slimed down a bit . 

Young not so sure but definitely overpaid & overrated………Brown no better than Bullen tactically but hey he played for the Sellick so must be great…🤔

Took my 6 year old daughter to the game today for her first ever Ayr game. She enjoyed it, was happy Ayr won, and wants to go back. I haven't explained the concept of goal difference to her yet. 

The main reason she wanted to go to a match was because she had been to the family fun day at the stadium, so credit to the club for that.

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

Young not so sure but definitely overpaid & overrated………Brown no better than Bullen tactically but hey he played for the Sellick so must be great…🤔

^^^ raging because they tried to get McCall from us, McCall and Ayr laughed in their face, they ended up with Ray McKinnon and the Lolkirk years commenced.

Is that why a fair few of you seem to be a bit obsessive with this thread?

3 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Lmfao

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Felt we lost something when we took Murphy off, Rus had a very quiet game especially in the second half 

So he must be staying beyond January now surely 😏

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I was frustrated with Dowds in front of goal but he was at least involved in the game.  Rus?!?!?

I don't think he had a bad game at all, some really nice passes. I was concerned that him and Oakley were too similar when they signed but I think they link together well. Like you say, no shame in going out with 9 points and if we'd been a wee bit luckier last Saturday we'd have won the group.