The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Brian Reid and the word "Legends" aren't words that I would put together.

Whoever made that list was picking names out their arse I think.

Brian Reid was a decent manager who took us back to the second tier - but that was very much his glass ceiling.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Whoever made that list was picking names out their arse I think.

Brian Reid was a decent manager who took us back to the second tier - but that was very much his glass ceiling.

453488184_399380313155125_1496890256375846603_n.thumb.jpg.ae62456c8d222ea57d09684bfccfc1ba.jpg

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

When was this list compiled?

I have no idea, I just saw the pictures online this morning. 

I can only assume it is a range of players, managers and generations. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have no idea, I just saw the pictures online this morning. 

I can only assume it is a range of players, managers and generations. 

I think it's time for a new list.

Moffat, Shankland, Stevenson, Craig Nelson, Geggan and Dipo would get on my list.

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think it's time for a new list.

Moffat, Shankland, Stevenson, Craig Nelson, Geggan and Dipo would get on my list.

Horace, Teale, Annand and what you've already got 😅

Actually easier doing a 'Legendarily shit' list.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

You could make a good number of shite XIs just out of post-2000 players. 

Ah yes......but do they reach the pitiful depths of 'Legendarily shit!' or just, well....shit?

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ah yes......but do they reach the pitiful depths of 'Legendarily shit!' or just, well....shit?

Probably "that Brechin City team that went a whole Championship season without a win would put 4 or 5 past them" levels of shit.

36 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hampden as well tbf, even if I'm the only person I know who thought he got his tactics right that day.

8 hours ago, Iain said:

I'd imagine the club would prefer cameras to be on the main stand side so they're showing the new stand?

The main stand also doesn't suffer from the problem of having the sun shine directly into it.

Still a bit embarrassing that this isn't a solved problem. it's not as if this is Clachnacuddin or something, Somerset gets multiple televised games a year even aside from PPV.

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

You could make a good number of shite XIs just out of post-2000 players. 

Pj Morrison

Auhi

Fjortoft 

Baird

Reading 

Bangala

Senga

Chalmers

Zanatta 

Afolabi

Ashford

And that's all from 2020 onwards

Just now, Thumper said:

Hampden as well tbf, even if I'm the only person I know who thought he got his tactics right that day.

Their goal should never have stood anyway. The ref missed a handball in the build-up. 

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Pj Morrison

Auhi

Fjortoft 

Baird

Reading 

Bangala

Senga

Chalmers

Zanatta 

Afolabi

Ashford

*shudders*

32 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

When was this list compiled?

In 2017. There was a follow-up set in 2020. The purpose of the exercise was to address issues of alzheimers. Ideally the cards would trigger memories. Triggering debate and conversation was the priority and on that basis names such as Burley, Reid and Dalziel are quite likely to achieve that aim. It was never intended to be an order of merit.

1 minute ago, Caledonian said:

In 2017. There was a follow-up set in 2020. The purpose of the exercise was to address issues of alzheimers. Ideally the cards would trigger memories. Triggering debate and conversation was the priority and on that basis names such as Burley, Reid and Dalziel are quite likely to achieve that aim. It was never intended to be an order of merit.

Ah, was this for one of those Football Memories events? I used to work with people living with dementia and thought these events were a brilliant idea. 

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Pj Morrison

Auhi

Fjortoft 

Baird

Reading 

Bangala

Senga

Chalmers

Zanatta 

Afolabi

Ashford

No having Senga on here but its immaculate otherwise.  Reece McAlear taking his place and i'd go for the same team of idiots.  

34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ah, was this for one of those Football Memories events? I used to work with people living with dementia and thought these events were a brilliant idea. 

Yes. That was why they were never distributed to the public. Quite a lot of people asked if they could buy these cards but they were never going on sale.

Edited by Caledonian