The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we had a team of McKenzies then I’d say promotion was a long way off. Having him in the squad and available to play when needed won’t do our chances any harm. He’s a safe pick in a league where consistency is rare. Managers like him because they know exactly what they’re getting with him and most of it is positive. 

That's fair.  I think he doesn't seem to be a squad pick but rather more likely to start which is worrying. Having a McKenzie/McCallister in the squad is fine to make up the numbers - plug a hole type players - but when they become regular starters we are in trouble.

41 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Or just play other squad players there who can do a relativity good job. 

The whole point is he can cover numerous positions, which is very helpful in a squad. Whatever role he plays - he knows his job and how that contributes to the team. 

4 minutes ago, wuffster said:

That's fair.  I think he doesn't seem to be a squad pick but rather more likely to start which is worrying. Having a McKenzie/McCallister in the squad is fine to make up the numbers - plug a hole type players - but when they become regular starters we are in trouble.

Harsh to put McKenzie in the same bracket as McAllister IMO. 

He won’t start every week but he will need to at times. Our side is ridiculously attacking, at times you need a worker like him in there too. 

Btw, McKenzie had four goals and six assists in forty appearances last season (with quite a few sub appearances within that) it’s hardly a bad return for the shit he gets, particularly given his role within the team. 

The previous season - five goals and four assists in 42. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Btw, McKenzie had four goals and six assists in forty appearances last season (with quite a few sub appearances within that) it’s hardly a bad return for the shit he gets, particularly given his role within the team. 

The previous season - five goals and four assists in 42. 

So expect one extra goal contribution this season to go up to 11

Edited by muZZa__44

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

I highly doubt when everyone is fit that McKenzie will be a starter. 

McKenzie is a good honest professional who plays for the team he tries every game he plays unlike others in the past. He might not be technically the best but he’s not even close to the worst. Good squad player that can fill many positions 6/10 most weeks so can’t sniff at that 

34 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

McKenzie is a good honest professional who plays for the team he tries every game he plays unlike others in the past. He might not be technically the best but he’s not even close to the worst. Good squad player that can fill many positions 6/10 most weeks so can’t sniff at that 

IMG_6717.thumb.jpeg.b30d2cc9e680161af5a50f24b62d0f63.jpeg

I try my best not to single one player out over another, for better or worse. This is a team game.... However, there seems to be an ingrained resistance to letting go of players that are NOT upto top half of the Championship standard, let alone league topping or top flight standard.... Just because they run hard/are a cracking person/feed the homeless their own dinner (insert L.B. shite patter here) We need to be savage, like most professional teams are.... only the best is and should be acceptable. This is nothing against any one person... but we need to move the f**k on! As many have said, there have been upgrades but we're also facing issues in a few of the same areas as we have for the whole of Smiths ownership...... 

You know what team won, the team that accepted mediocre..... said no newspaper headline ever! 

There also seems to be a current of.... I don't like him, so I'll disagree with what he says patter. That kind of shit, needs left in the lassies toilet Q tbh. We all want the best for aufc and that is not accepting mediocre or OK performances because they're a good c**t.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

10 hours ago, DanielB said:

Hi folks,

I’ve been a chronic viewer here without posting for years, but though I’d say hello to introduce myself as one of the new SLO’s.

We are both totally invested in the positive direction the club is heading in, but we recognise there is always work to be done. Our role is to be the link between the supporters and the club, to allow a two-way dialogue between both. We are taking it one step at a time but our initial priorities include quarterly fan meetings, increased SLO visibility, monthly SLO updates and improving the relationship between the club and The Ragazzi with details of all to be released in due course.

We will be trying our best to keep an eye on various online platforms but if you do wish to provide suggestions, we ask that you email us directly on slo@ayrunitedfc.co.uk. On a monthly basis, we will be taking all issues and concerns to the club before providing the clubs return feedback via our monthly SLO updates. Of course if there are any urgent concerns, they’ll be dealt with accordingly. We are both volunteers who have full time jobs and lives outside of the football club so you will need to bear with us at points. We will do our best to ensure that fans' voices are heard and build on the support base that we have at Somerset Park.

Initial concerns that have been raised to the club this week include the disuse of the far side of the North Terracing (the other side of the segregation fence) and access issues to the North Stand (past the hospitality boxes). We are pleased to say that the club have agreed to have the segregation fence open at future home games which will allow for Ayr supporters to access the whole North Terracing and this will also help with access to the North Stand seating area. Please note that this will be on a basis that supporters behaviour is positive in the area towards the Railway End and away fans. If there are any issues, the club will review this decision.

Arrangements for tomorrow's match at Hamilton as supplied by the club: ‘Car parking is available at Morrisons car park/ main car park. Any supporters buses should park at the council car park Ayr supporters will be housed in the North Stand, entering through turnstiles 10,11 and 12. Ticket and Cash will be accepted. Any drums will be searched and then allowed in.’

We all have the best interest of our club at heart - if you see us around and fancy a chat, please say hello! For more updates, you can follow our X account - @AyrSlo. We look forward to representing the fan base and working alongside the club.

Mon Ayr!

Don't give the club any more free kitchens at the expense of paying customers not getting theirs and you'll do just fine.... The North Terrace Remembers!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

16 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Cash gate today??? Hope so, my bank cards fooked.

Yes , you can pay cash at the gate , you will need a lot with their prices 🙂

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

For that price they will certainly be ramming their pies, drinks, programmes etc right up their farters.

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

On receipt of the cash, will one of their directors be lifting you over the turnstile or ushering you through a fire door ?