The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Back the push

has all the hallmarks of roaring back.

Wonder how many bookmarks that post will get in the coming hours. 

To be fair, it doesn’t say what “push” we’re backing. 

Maybe it’s just a push to get more people in the ground to match Raiths pie sales? 

3 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'm no expert, but 1200 seems a ridiculously low amount of seasons tickets to have sold after the season has started? You guys will know best, how does it compare to say, the past 10yrs? 

I'm sure Mathie had a plan that was going to get the club to 2000 season tickets sold per year.

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'm no expert, but 1200 seems a ridiculously low amount of seasons tickets to have sold after the season has started? You guys will know best, how does it compare to say, the past 10yrs? 

I can’t fully remember but I think we sold 1000 after we won the league and that was seen as a big milestone. Not much has happened since then to really boost the sales. 

1500 should be seen as the target for me but I’m not sure how realistic that is right now. I only bought my ticket last week and I’d imagine there’s maybe a few others that are still waiting to get theirs. 

All in all though, good to see more outreach. We have a stretch of 3 home league games, if we can see some more good performances and get results, then we might see that number of ST's creep up a bit. Or at least hopefully get a few more folk through the gate individually.

9 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

It’s a pretty decent number going by previous 4/5 years , as said above we could hardly raise 1200 the year after we won  the league and also in the Shankland and Moffat years , would certainly help if we could get to a starting point of 1500 

I'd be interested to know how our many years in the 3rd tier affected our ST sales.

For example, how do our numbers now compare to the late 90's / early 2000's.

Not sure where to find that kind of info though.

Worth remembering that a lot of people bought early bird in the past, they may see the full price as simply too expensive. 

Always abit of a head scratcher how we increase attendances. Doesn’t help we have absolutely shat the bed in numerous big games over the years when we’ve had a bumper crowd - Partick play off home leg, Falkirk away in the cup, even champion season in league one the attendance on the last day was honking because everyone thought we were going to the play offs due to the Alloa and Stranraer games beforehand. 

Edited by Andy_AUFC

34 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Always abit of a head scratcher how we increase attendances. Doesn’t help we have absolutely shat the bed in numerous big games over the years when we’ve had a bumper crowd - Partick play off home leg, Falkirk away in the cup, even champion season in league one the attendance on the last day was honking because everyone thought we were going to the play offs due to the Alloa and Stranraer games beforehand. 

Stranraer play off game as well, think there was about 4K in that day to watch one if the worst games of football ever only excitement was the pens, let's hope we can put on a show on Friday night.

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Stranraer play off game as well, think there was about 4K in that day to watch one if the worst games of football ever only excitement was the pens, let's hope we can put on a show on Friday night.

I always remember thinking it looked like more than 4k. I remember being really surprised by how packed the NT and SRE looked that day. 

An awful game of football, which tbh, we deserved to lose on the balance of play. Stranraer shat it.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

I always remember thinking it looked like more than 4k. I remember being really surprised by how packed the NT and SRE looked that day. 

An awful game of football, which tbh, we deserved to lose on the balance of play. Stranraer shat it.

Jamie Longworth missing that header from about a yard out at the Railway End was probably the most I’ve ever shat myself as an Ayr fan. We could’ve lost 5-0 over those two legs and not really complained. 

First of all the club need to identify, realistically, who are the future/extra season ticket holders.

Is it the kids?  Lapsed fans?  Walk ups?  All 3?

At this moment in time, we will have the number of season ticket holders that reflects where the club has been for a generation - bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd tier.

That won’t change overnight, regardless of how well we are playing (McCall’s teams proved that).

Now, the club is doing a lot, granted but to have a quicker uplift, we need a trophy or promotion.

It’s a huge ask to alter both habits and expenditure at the same time.  “Hey you, come to Somerset every other week and give me £300, cheers”

In my humble opinion, I think there needs to be more match day attraction.  If it’s pishing down, the hub can only take so many.  If it’s howling, the wind will cut you in two on the SRE.

We need more match day options for everyone.  It’s great having a wee kick about with a goalie outside the hub etc, but it needs to be more.  People are pampered and lazy these days, and a gust of wind or a raindrop on their window can just be enough to say “no thanks”.

40 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Always abit of a head scratcher how we increase attendances.

It's worth noting that nearly every team in the league has been in the top flight, or cup finals, more recently than Ayr. That's a big visibility advantage. Most of them also built big lego stadiums on their main traffic routes. As commonly pointed out, you literally wouldn't know Somerset Park existed from a block away in any direction. That's part of the reason other clubs did it, and indeed why Barr wanted to move to Heathfield.