The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

On another note, the noise coming out of the club at the end of the last season and for a month or so after.... I was expecting some rather meaty signings. Going into the second game of the season, I feel the signings fell short of my expectations. Ps. What the f**k is the script with McGeady!!? It seems now, we're paying him to be a mature commercial manager apprentice? 

McGeady will still be doing his technical manager role as well as looking after the boys we’ve got out on loan. I don’t imagine he’ll play this season as he isn’t really needed. 

51 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

On another note, the noise coming out of the club at the end of the last season and for a month or so after.... I was expecting some rather meaty signings. Going into the second game of the season, I feel the signings fell short of my expectations. Ps. What the f**k is the script with McGeady!!? It seems now, we're paying him to be a mature commercial manager apprentice? 

Okay I’ll bite…I’m not really sure what you were expecting with the signings? I’ve been delighted with our business.  Brought in 10 players, most of whom are proven at this level or higher and Marco Rus has genuinely looked a class above this level so far. I still hope to see a CM and a striker come in but genuinely think have complaints about signings is a mental takes 

1 minute ago, Only me... said:

Surely we're not letting this guy go to bloody Queens Park?Screenshot_20240808_202856_X.thumb.jpg.7b6943f11b564a6810258e60d72103fc.jpg

Is he good? I didn’t think he’d actually played that much given injuries and at his age I’d be a bit worried at his lack of senior football. We’ve also still got Hamilton at the club so if we’re adding to our defence I’d guess it’ll be him. 

Just on signings in general, I wouldn’t have said we need to rush anything right now. We aren’t massively short anywhere. Mathies interview seemed to suggest that the last couple of signings could go down to the wire which I don’t mind as it gives Brown plenty of time to judge what he has and what he needs to add. 

21 minutes ago, Only me... said:

If a genuine artist was commissioned for it it could look amazing,  but I fear it wouldn't last a week before being added to by strange green and blue abominations. Local residents could object to a mural opposite their living room window. 

Surprised nobody has suggested selling tiles/bricks for the wall to generate some transfer funds.

Tbf the wall has hardly been vandalized as it is just now so can't imagine it would if it was no longer blank. Graffiti 'artists' want their tag to be seen, it won't be very visible on a wall already busy with art.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Okay I’ll bite…I’m not really sure what you were expecting with the signings? I’ve been delighted with our business.  Brought in 10 players, most of whom are proven at this level or higher and Marco Rus has genuinely looked a class above this level so far. I still hope to see a CM and a striker come in but genuinely think have complaints about signings is a mental takes 

Don't bite, am no takin you out on a date lad 😉 Just my opinion. Rus is great, I wanted 10 of him in, and the dross we still have, gone. That's what I wanted. I also wanted the areas we've been needing to bolster, bolstered! Above all, I wanted everyone in and settled before the seaon started. Since Brown came in, we've not had a settled team. These were the noises the club itself was making. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he good? I didn’t think he’d actually played that much given injuries and at his age I’d be a bit worried at his lack of senior football. We’ve also still got Hamilton at the club so if we’re adding to our defence I’d guess it’ll be him. 

Just on signings in general, I wouldn’t have said we need to rush anything right now. We aren’t massively short anywhere. Mathies interview seemed to suggest that the last couple of signings could go down to the wire which I don’t mind as it gives Brown plenty of time to judge what he has and what he needs to add. 

Has massive potential and ability. Has had a tough time with injury but heading back to where he should be. Brendan Rodgers highly rates him and expects him to step up soon. Hamilton would do also, but seems to be dragging on a bit.  A central midfielder and centre forward should be top of our shopping list just now.  

4 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Don't bite, am no takin you out on a date lad 😉 Just my opinion. Rus is great, I wanted 10 of him in, and the dross we still have, gone. That's what I wanted. I also wanted the areas we've been needing to bolster, bolstered! Above all, I wanted everyone in and settled before the seaon started. Since Brown came in, we've not had a settled team. These were the noises the club itself was making. 

Have we not bolstered every position we needed to bolster? We’re talking about needing two players in so it’s not as if we haven’t been proactive and have the vast majority of the squad in place which is what the club came out and said in May. 

As for departures I can’t really think of anyone else we really need to get shot of. I’d hope maybe Guthrie, McRoberts and potentially Bryden could get loans sorted but that’s more on what other clubs do rather than us. 

3 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Has massive potential and ability. Has had a tough time with injury but heading back to where he should be. Brendan Rodgers highly rates him and expects him to step up soon. Hamilton would do also, but seems to be dragging on a bit.  A central midfielder and centre forward should be top of our shopping list just now.  

Fair enough but at 21 years old with only two competitive games to his name I doubt he’ll be stepping up anytime soon. Would’ve been an interesting signing but as you say we have other priorities and I don’t think he’d be given a lot of game time given we have a lot of other options. 

22 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Tbf the wall has hardly been vandalized as it is just now so can't imagine it would if it was no longer blank. Graffiti 'artists' want their tag to be seen, it won't be very visible on a wall already busy with art.

I just fear it would be tarnished like the crap below 👇, for "ultras banter". As you say, the wall has hardly been touched so far, maybe due to the close proximity of houses. 

graf-soc.webp.76f1ff8819bac76d500a29d3b1dc89cc.webp

11 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I just fear it would be tarnished like the crap below 👇, for "ultras banter". As you say, the wall has hardly been touched so far, maybe due to the close proximity of houses. 

graf-soc.webp.76f1ff8819bac76d500a29d3b1dc89cc.webp

I don't reckon it will cause a graffiti war in a town considering our rivals are from a different town. Besides it wouldn't be ultra's graffiti anyway

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its the hope that kills you

I'd say it's the hope that keeps you coming back year after year after year, one year though it will be our year and hopefully it's this one but by God some times it's a labour of love.

2 hours ago, Only me... said:

and centre forward should be top of our shopping list just now.  

It really really shouldn't.   With Dowds and Oakley we are going 2 up front and I'd say we have the best strike force in the league if fit.    That's 2 of the best "centre forwards" in the league.  

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It really really shouldn't.   With Dowds and Oakley we are going 2 up front and I'd say we have the best strike force in the league if fit.    That's 2 of the best "centre forwards" in the league.  

TBF thou as soon as one of them gets injured/suspended your options are Bryden who needs out on loan, McKenzie who while works hard is not a goal scorer and then McRoberts who's not ready yet so could do with a 3rd choice striker on loan but agreed it's not the priority which is a another central midfielder