The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UnitedAyr said:

Definitely the best performance I’ve seen, would say the 5-0 Dundee united game was a better result as it was away but performance wise you’ll do well to see better than that. So many shots and chances and as soon as we didn’t have the ball we were pressing so high and won it back so quick. Great start to the weekend and the league table is looking good.

2 clean sheets and a +7 Goal difference is a great feeling also. I know we'll get brought back down to earth soon and we're all long enough in the tooth to be over confident... but man, what a great feeling and start to the weekend!

Just to add to the wankfest but for all we were excellent going forward I thought we were absolutely dominant at the back. Best game I’ve seen from Stanger and McMann together. Airdrie didn’t have a physical presence up front so McMann absolutely strolled it and Stanger looks like he’s growing into that first choice centre half role. A bit like how Michael Rose developed as he got more and more game time.

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s up to the BBC to find the best position, it’s not up to the club to build a stadium in the hope the BBC come to film some games. 

That’s just nonsense.  In this day and age you want your ground to be media friendly.   If nothing else, season ticket holders had their view partially blocked by the camera last night.  Hopefully in the near future we’ll get a sensible TV deal that allows clubs like Ayr to stream their games, which will only increase the need to provide more professional media output from out in-house people.  What’s done is done, but I’m genuinely baffled by the decision not to integrate a small camera platform into the design of the new stand.  

image.png

12 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

How did you all feel Murphy played last night? There was so much going on, I struggled to keep my eyes on him and watch. I did see a few great passes of play from him but that's all I caught. Anyone pay closer attention?

Thought he was great, brings a calm and experience to the team, he also offers something different from the other wide/attacking midfielders because he doesn't have that explosive pace but glides past defenders and seems to be in the right place, he's still  stand out at this level and has loads to offer this season.

If you look at our XI from the Morton massacre at Cappielow last season, Murphy was pretty much the main man and was going to be expected to do everything for us. The turnover in personnel has been huge and now we've got strength and options in just about every position on the park. 

We absolutely battered a decent Airdrie side last night, the only disappointment being I've woken up on a Saturday morning and I don't have another game to go to today! 

Also, fully agree on the camera positioning in the new stand, massive oversight in what is otherwise a fantastic improvement on the stadium. 

I've noticed that the upturn in form around the end of last season and into this season has coincided with the regular availability of empire biscuits in the kiosks. Long may both continue. Not tried dunking them into my coffee yet.

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just to add to the wankfest but for all we were excellent going forward I thought we were absolutely dominant at the back. Best game I’ve seen from Stanger and McMann together. Airdrie didn’t have a physical presence up front so McMann absolutely strolled it and Stanger looks like he’s growing into that first choice centre half role. A bit like how Michael Rose developed as he got more and more game time.

I know there were (rightly) quite a few contenders but for me Stanger was man of the match - won everything in the air and broke up a lot of Airdrie attacks with a crunching tackle or a very good interception. Outstanding performance. 

7 hours ago, diege said:

You hide behind this username and for all I know, I've spoken to you. Think most will know who I am on the terrace, come say hi sometime so I can determine if yer a gid c**t or not

Hate to disappoint you but I don't think anyone will know who you are. Sorry.

This has strong meet me in the car park vibes energy anyway.

A rather nice way to start the weekend last night.

Dowds and Oakley were excellent together last night. Their hold up play allowed Murphy and Henderson to do their thing last night. The two of them easily have the potential to cause havoc amongst opposing defences. 

Dempsey was fantastic. In the past he could be inconsistent but he's the first pick now. Particularly pleasing was his double slide tackle, love to see that kind of determination. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If we had a bit of a stronger bench we might be onto something this season. Our starting eleven must be a match for any other team in the league.

Definitely my concern. Clearly starting 11 is all but secure. With the aim being, high press, score early,  score a few, be comfortable then sub. That will only work so many times and only takes 1 or 2 knocks or injuries and we're back to playing the same, no impact players in the starting 11. My fear of flying high until December then falling flat on our face again.... will be real until I'm put in my place and proved wrong.

46 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I've woken up on a Saturday morning and I don't have another game to go to today! 

if it helps Whitletts are at home if you want to watch The Moff at 2pm

BBC iPlayer need to sort it out and get the full game uploaded. I notice that the Falkirk vs QP game from last week isn’t available so maybe they’ve stopped doing that?

Being involved in two simultaneous fights where one argues that a) that another poster is a contrarian hipster for having a more nuanced take on a good player and b) No Real Football Club would accommodate TV cameras is particularly special. Good to see that Glens got as much out of last night's sponsorship as NordVPN did.

Edited by Thumper

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Being involved in two simultaneous fights where one argues that a) that another poster is a contrarian hipster for having a more nuanced take on a good player and b) No Real Football Club would accommodate TV cameras is particularly special. Good to see that Glens got as much out of last night's sponsorship as NordVPN did.

Being a poster who consistently posts "edgy takes" to provoke a reaction, I think you should sit this one out

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

BBC iPlayer need to sort it out and get the full game uploaded. I notice that the Falkirk vs QP game from last week isn’t available so maybe they’ve stopped doing that?

I noticed it last year they stopped doing it

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm hoping the club do the classy thing and take the highroad here, uploading the entire game as the highlights package is the right thing to do. 

36 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hate to disappoint you but I don't think anyone will know who you are. Sorry.

This has strong meet me in the car park vibes energy anyway.

I could post some DM's I got from folk during Bullens time. wanting to meet me after a game to sort some things out. 

Odd, tragic behaviour. 

Oddly the poster who wanted me in jammies so he could put me in bed posted it publicly.