The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I hope the wee man gets a good reception today 

After all, he's done far more to promote Ayr united in Zambia that you lot ever have. One of Ayrs few untapped African fanbases has been exploited thanks to CC.

(This is where one of you gobshites tell me you lived in Zambia for 10 years and built a football academy isn't it).

I say give him the microphone before the match and make him read out in full one of his full match commentaries he types up where we win 7-0.  

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Ben Dempsey playing like a deeper lying Jamie Adams is surely filling that physical role at the moment… 

I don’t think he’s really been tested physically yet and eventually he might need someone else alongside him in games. No idea what it means for Syla if we signed both Bachirou and Howley but I’m not even sure we need both. I’d rather take Howley and another striker but I’m not sure what Brown feels we still need. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s really been tested physically yet and eventually he might need someone else alongside him in games. No idea what it means for Syla if we signed both Bachirou and Howley but I’m not even sure we need both. I’d rather take Howley and another striker but I’m not sure what Brown feels we still need. 

Dempsey for me can be all sugar or all shite. Airdrie game he was flying into tackles and looked well physically. Then v Accies he shites out of 2 50/50s in the lead up to Accies equaliser. At least 1 midfielder still needed. I’m not sure we sign both Free and Howley. Think the Howley transfer seems more likely. 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Dempsey for me can be all sugar or all shite. Airdrie game he was flying into tackles and looked well physically. Then v Accies he shites out of 2 50/50s in the lead up to Accies equaliser. At least 1 midfielder still needed. I’m not sure we sign both Free and Howley. Think the Howley transfer seems more likely. 

Aye he wasn’t particularly good in the first half last week but I thought he was a lot better in the second half. 

I love the way we set up right now but I think we’ll need to make changes to the side when we travel away to the likes of Thistle, Raith or Falkirk. Whether that be playing Rus wide or even dropping one of Oakley or Dowds and moving him further up a bit I’m not sure but I do think we need another midfielder to be starting games. I’m not sure Syla is that player but I like the sound of Howley. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think there’s anyone hugely more physical than him or anything, there will definitely be difficulties at times with being outnumbered in there though potentially. 

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

You could maybe argue he could do a bit better, but it’s completely untrue to suggest he shat out of two fifty fifties. The ball was well off the ground, so he can’t go charging in there. 

23 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bachirou would have played for Morton pre-Brexit, so there would have been no visa issues.  Might be more of a problem now.

The club said they were bringing in at least two more a while ago, it might be the case it was applied for months ago. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

2 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

I hope the wee man gets a good reception today 

After all, he's done far more to promote Ayr united in Zambia that you lot ever have. One of Ayrs few untapped African fanbases has been exploited thanks to CC.

(This is where one of you gobshites tell me you lived in Zambia for 10 years and built a football academy isn't it).

Is this satire?

Is hard to tell these days.

34 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bachirou would have played for Morton pre-Brexit, so there would have been no visa issues.  Might be more of a problem now.

Oh aye, he might qualify for the settlement scheme as he was in the uk for so long prior to brexit

48 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Ayr should be blacklisted from applying for any work permits after the preposterous decisions that led to Bangala getting one.

Edited by Jamie_M

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Ayr should be blacklisted from applying for any work permits after the preposterous decisions that led to Bangala getting one.

The decision to grant him a visa is hardly Ayr’s fault though.  Every other aspect of Bangala’s signing certainly is - whoever sanctioned it should have been fired.

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The decision to grant him a visa is hardly Ayr’s fault though.  Every other aspect of Bangala’s signing certainly is - whoever sanctioned it should have been fired.

Aye, but by pitching that he was a footballer and one that would make a significant contribution - culpability shared.

Morton entitled to pass comment when we were denied one for Nadir Ciftci a few months later.

Granted it probably worked out for the best as we got Oakley instead who we likely got more out of than we would have with Cifti.

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He was- it was a Bullen signing and was punted in January