The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did Falkirk not have their home game against QP put on the tele? Given the BBC rules where they only visit the same ground twice a season then I don’t think Falkirk will have a live game shown on the Friday night until after the turn of the year. Probably the same with us. 

We did. So yeah it does only leave one more game for us and I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the Dunfermline ones 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We did. So yeah it does only leave one more game for us and I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the Dunfermline ones 

Selfishly I'd love the 15 February match to be moved for TV so I can see it when I'm away. 

11 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I’ve always liked McAllister has his limitations but gives it his all and has the heart I do think it’s clear he is better suited as a mascot then a footballer

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McAllister did well second half last week. 

Aye he isn’t the best player in the world but he does have the capability to have a competent game - needs support this weekend in what will be a huge test for him. 

The whole set-up is based on playing out from the back and everyone having an easy pass to make. First half that didn’t happen with Rus out wide and Howley in the middle. The second goal on particular, Reading turns to head up the park and McCallister gets put under pressure, his only pass was to Reading, now heading up the park.

He somehow passed it 2 feet behind Reading, who had to stop, turn and come back and he lost the ball. 

Second half, the midfield changed and Rus was available to take the ball, both him and Dempsey drop in to the back line to make themselves available and there was less f**k-ups 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The whole set-up is based on playing out from the back and everyone having an easy pass to make. First half that didn’t happen with Rus out wide and Howley in the middle. The second goal on particular, Reading turns to head up the park and McCallister gets put under pressure, his only pass was to Reading, now heading up the park.

He somehow passed it 2 feet behind Reading, who had to stop, turn and come back and he lost the ball. 

Second half, the midfield changed and Rus was available to take the ball, both him and Dempsey drop in to the back line to make themselves available and there was less f**k-ups 

Huge thing for us this season has been the lack of mistakes in our own half.  Having McMann out really drops the quality, and then we are prone to a mistake or three throughout the game, which as we can see has been punished.  No beef with McCallister - he was very vocal all throughout the game on Sunday, unfortunately he is no McMann.

Will definitely be up against it with McAllister against someone like Brian Graham on Saturday.

He's usually easy money to pick up a booking, and with Graham's physicality and tendency to throw himself to the floor whenever he gets the chance, think it'll be a long afternoon.

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See the club is warning of ticket touts selling tickets to the Brown Q&A

Is this event going to be full of Celtic fans expecting to ask questions about Brendan Rodgers and Old Firm games? 

I think it's more the scammers who say they have bought 4 tickets, but only need 2 etc and they are quite clearly fake profiles.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

See the club is warning of ticket touts selling tickets to the Brown Q&A

Is this event going to be full of Celtic fans expecting to ask questions about Brendan Rodgers and Old Firm games? 

In the comments I saw a few folk I know who are celtic fans tagging one another. Always knew we'd get the Celtic hangers on when Brown arrived. As someone said on either the SRE or the official page, tickets should have went firstly to season ticket holders or fans that are regulars at Somerset. 

If anyone pipes up trying to ask Brown a question about anything celtic related just take the mic off them and tell them that's not the intention of an event for Ayr United supporters to meet with the manager of Ayr United.

Wouldn't be surprised to see folk try though.

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In the comments I saw a few folk I know who are celtic fans tagging one another. Always knew we'd get the Celtic hangers on when Brown arrived. As someone said on either the SRE or the official page, tickets should have went firstly to season ticket holders or fans that are regulars at Somerset. 

I was surprised it wasn’t season ticket holders first as well, the season ticket events ended 2 seasons ago and they only have ones for sponsors now. Devalues season tickets even further now