The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Take it that’s the clubs way of saying we’re no bringing anyone else in?

We have Watret, McCallister, Stanger, Musonda, McEvoy, McCann, Devlin and Reading. McCann should be back soon. Musonda is back. Devlin, f**k knows, McEvoy, out for a while, I don't see us bringing in anyone to cover. 

Midfield has managed to go unscathed apart from Murphy and Rus, but we have Hastie and Walker, Syla and Howley as cover. 

Up front, we have Oakley, McKenzie, Walker, Bavage and Hislop 

I think we have plenty of cover, but they might not be up to it yet unfortunately. 

I would like us to get cover in for Dowds as I don't think we have a regular goal scorer in the squad, if we got some random from abroad, we'd have to wait 2-3 months for a permit and hope they were fit to come straight in. There may be someone kicking about from down south but I doubt we'd get a regular starter in the domestic loan market. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would like us to get cover in for Dowds as I don't think we have a regular goal scorer in the squad, if we got some random from abroad, we'd have to wait 2-3 months for a permit and hope they were fit to come straight in. There may be someone kicking about from down south but I doubt we'd get a regular starter in the domestic loan market. 

If we don’t do anything at this point in regards to Anton , then we are pretty much consigning ourselves to the play offs at best . It’s just too many team goals to lose before the window . The problem is options are limited , there are three or four guys still without clubs but are they up to speed and ready to go ? A decent loan signing would seem the better option , but nobody is going to loan out someone at the top of their game . It’s a huge conundrum. 

The other issue is what would happen if George gets crocked or misses three or four games with a tweek or such . I guess this is all part of Brown’s job ! He did look pretty low in the post match interview on Saturday , but no wonder … 

7 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If we don’t do anything at this point in regards to Anton , then we are pretty much consigning ourselves to the play offs at best . It’s just too many team goals to lose before the window . The problem is options are limited , there are three or four guys still without clubs but are they up to speed and ready to go ? A decent loan signing would seem the better option , but nobody is going to loan out someone at the top of their game . It’s a huge conundrum. 

The other issue is what would happen if George gets crocked or misses three or four games with a tweek or such . I guess this is all part of Brown’s job ! He did look pretty low in the post match interview on Saturday , but no wonder … 

McKenzie should be first choice to replace Dowds. Although Dowds has scored more in a season than McKenzie has in his whole career. Bavidge may be a slow burn and looks like more of an option from the bench. 

If we don’t get anyone in, then we are hoping Rus stays fit, we change the system to get Henderson in the box more and hope Hastie actually does something. 
If we do get someone in, we would have to be creative and that will probably cost money. 

Saying we need cover is all well and good but the club will have spent quite a bit in the summer to assemble the squad that we have. They can account for the fact that we then get 6-7 injuries at once. If we had a smaller squad and budget to spend then I’d say it’s reasonable enough to just add someone else. 

I don’t think whether we replace Dowds or not is going to determine whether we win the league as we aren’t going to get another striker who will score those goals so it’s largely irrelevant. 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Saying we need cover is all well and good but the club will have spent quite a bit in the summer to assemble the squad that we have. They can account for the fact that we then get 6-7 injuries at once. If we had a smaller squad and budget to spend then I’d say it’s reasonable enough to just add someone else. 

I don’t think whether we replace Dowds or not is going to determine whether we win the league as we aren’t going to get another striker who will score those goals so it’s largely irrelevant. 

Can’t agree with that, Dowds was on course to be out and potentially the leagues top goal scorer this season if he had continued on the form he was on. We need to be bringing a striker in, I highly doubt they’ll score the amount that Dowds would but one that going to get more than McKenzie and/or Bavidge is required.