The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Name I heard. Was told there is another, don’t know who though. Could be crap though. 

McLennan definitely been in training, no idea likelihood of signing or anything though. 

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Adeloye will be another Devlin in the fact he won't have done a pre season (I presume) so will probably need to do 4-6 weeks in house prep to get up to speed.

Unless he's been training with a club who knows...

That could be the case with anyone that comes in just now, if they're not attached. Hopefully we don't injure them by pushing too hard to get up to speed.

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

f**k knows who'll be on the bench this weekend.

No Watret, Bavidge, Musonda or Russell now to add to the list. 

Devlin and McMann "working towards their returns"

Should be the type of game to name a full bench by giving the opportunity of being in a match day squad to some of the top performers in the U18s this season.

Last week Brown did refer to only being able to name 4 outfield subs and how we don't have a FT side under the first team like he had at Fleetwood. However we do have an U18 that he can utilise.

29 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Should be the type of game to name a full bench by giving the opportunity of being in a match day squad to some of the top performers in the U18s this season.

Last week Brown did refer to only being able to name 4 outfield subs and how we don't have a FT side under the first team like he had at Fleetwood. However we do have an U18 that he can utilise.

We are running with a squad of 23 at the moment, with quite a lot of injuries and we have 8 players out on loan.  I had said at the time that loaning Tomlinson out was a mistake as he was in and around the team and covers 2 or 3 positions.  We had injuries at the point and could have held off loaning him out until January.

36 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

However we do have an U18 that he can utilise.

Thought you could only play signed players ?( not 100% sure )   the only under 18 player with a professional contract is Jamie Hislop 

Edited by Finlay21

19 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We are running with a squad of 23 at the moment, with quite a lot of injuries and we have 8 players out on loan.  I had said at the time that loaning Tomlinson out was a mistake as he was in and around the team and covers 2 or 3 positions.  We had injuries at the point and could have held off loaning him out until January.

Still don’t think that’s a mistake at all tbh. Develops for the next six month or largely sits on the bench for us…

He isn’t remotely ready to be playing for us either. 

So we have Stone and the other boy who played against Thistle

Reading, McCallister and Stanger

Henderson, Howley, Dempsey, Syla, Hastie, Rus and Walker

Oakley, McKenzie and Hislop.

Maybe Murphy. 

15 available players, 2 are goalkeepers and three play on the left of midfield. 

Syla at right back, McKenzie beside Oakley, Hastie on the left, Stone in goals, the rest as normal. I wouldn’t risk Murphy. 
Minimum f**king about, one player out of position, McKenzie can sit in front of Syla if required to help out. 

51 minutes ago, Iain said:

Wonder where and at what level Stevie Mallan will rock up

I went to a Junior game years ago and saw his dad score a header from about 30 yards because the keeper slipped and fell on his arse when going to catch it. One of the most comical goals I've seen.