The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We have loads of depth?

They are unfortunately just all injured. 

Aye if it was just Dowds and McAvoy out as the long term ones I'd say depth is fine.  There's just too many that are starting / playing regularly the now that should be the ones providing the depth to come in here and there if needed 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We do have depth but they’re all injured. We can’t afford to just keep signing guys to replace all the injuries. 

Aye. Good to have Murphy back and get minutes and also McLennan get game time.    

If I was in any way convinced that McMann in particular plus Devlin were likely to come back soon and stay fit then I'd be pretty optimistic.  

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Can’t help but think if we play like that against Livingston then they will punish us severely 

If we played like that against Dunfermline they’d most likely have beaten us. 

We don’t look cohesive but it’s because we’ve got so many guys playing out of position. We started the second half with McKenzie at right back, McAllister at centre back, McLennan in midfield and Walker up front. We were better than Peterhead but it was a slog because of how disjointed we are. 

Hopefully we can get McMann back up and running again and with Musonda and Watret back as well it should be better next week but it’s a helluva game to go into on our form. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully we can get McMann back up and running again and with Musonda and Watret back as well it should be better next week but it’s a helluva game to go into on our form. 

Zambia have another game midweek so there must be a bit of a risk around Musonda.

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Brown on the radio saying he's happy with the strength in depth of the squad. What.

He can't really give any other answer publicly since I imagine this will be the highest the wage bill has been since the Barr years.

The reality is excluding long term players, McAvoy and Dowds, we've got a 23 man squad and another 7 loan players that will train a couple of times a week with us.

Dreadful game and a poor performance but with the amount of changes and players out of position, you could kind of expect it. Next week will be a different story though, that’s the game we need a strong performance in to prove a point.

We Struggled in the first half with Syla at right back getting forward and in the second half with McKenzie defending. 
That made us imbalanced, Howley going off didn’t help either. 

McLennan was poor, played in 3 positions and didn’t really do anything in any, he had a couple of decent runs but just ran in to more and more trouble in every one. 
Henderson looked knackered in the second half. Oakley didn’t really show for anything. Stone wasn’t convincing at all with very little to do. 
McCallisters passing is dreadful but he defended well again, Stanger and Dempsey were amazing again. Rus made is more lively and brought Hastie and Walker in to the game much more. I feel that with Watret and Musonda in the team, we’d have won it more comfortably. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dreadful game and a poor performance but with the amount of changes and players out of position, you could kind of expect it. Next week will be a different story though, that’s the game we need a strong performance in to prove a point.

We Struggled in the first half with Syla at right back getting forward and in the second half with McKenzie defending. 
That made us imbalanced, Howley going off didn’t help either. 

McLennan was poor, played in 3 positions and didn’t really do anything in any, he had a couple of decent runs but just ran in to more and more trouble in every one. 
Henderson looked knackered in the second half. Oakley didn’t really show for anything. Stone wasn’t convincing at all with very little to do. 
McCallisters passing is dreadful but he defended well again, Stanger and Dempsey were amazing again. Rus made is more lively and brought Hastie and Walker in to the game much more. I feel that with Watret and Musonda in the team, we’d have won it more comfortably. 

Give him a chance ffs, it’s his first game for a while and playing in a team with loads of changes what are you expecting? f**king Messi?!

I might be in the minority but I thought Stanger was minging on the passing front. He was fine defensively but wasn’t up against much but his passing is really poor. I thought Dempsey was the clear standout, Henderson did well and so did McKenzie but you could tell he wasn’t comfortable there. 

I thought McLennan was ok but was trying a bit too hard. Couple of runs he had where he should’ve passed and he didn’t. I think he’ll get better. 

32 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Against a slightly higher level of team and we would not have been in control. The quality of passing was very poor, some of that can be blamed on the blustery conditions, but 5 and 10 yard passes were going astray. I fear for next week and what the lineup will be. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I didn’t say he will be shite for the rest of his natural life did I? 

No but it sounds like you were expecting prime 2015 Messi! He signed last night and may have had a few training sessions before coming in and playing 3 positions in a disjointed team. I just don’t know what you want? If he came in and was rank rotten then  I could understand but everyone else said he was ok nothing special which was understandable but you seem to be going in a little two footed here

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No but it sounds like you were expecting prime 2015 Messi! He signed last night and may have had a few training sessions before coming in and playing 3 positions in a disjointed team. I just don’t know what you want? If he came in and was rank rotten then  I could understand but everyone else said he was ok nothing special which was understandable but you seem to be going in a little two footed here

I’m not the one going in two footed here

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not the one going in two footed here

Seems weird that you picked him specifically out as poor though as i dont think anyone stood out by the sounds of it. 

Seen a few folk online do the same too (and also my old man on Whatsapp).  I hope he's not going to be the instant target of the boo boys just because he isn't an exact 15 goal big centre forward replacement for Dowds that everyone wanted. 

27 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Seems weird that you picked him specifically

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said: