The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

At home.

Actually, when is the draw?

SPFL Trust Trophy draws next week

Quarter-final and semi-final draws set for October 16

The draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of the 2024/25 SPFL Trust Trophy will take place on Wednesday October 16 at 1.00pm.

Draw numbers will be announced on SPFL social media channels on the morning of the draw.

You can watch the draws live on the SPFL YouTube channel via the link below:

SPFL Trust Trophy Quarter Final and Semi Final Draw (youtube.com)

Quarter-final ties are scheduled for the midweek of November 12/13, with semi-final matches due to be played on the midweek of January 28/29.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-trust-trophy-draws-next-week

Was never going to be a good game today, pishing rain, howling wind, low crowd and opposition who were there to frustrate us but at the same time weren’t too bad. All about getting through to the next round, look at Airdrie, Livi and Dunfermline today all against lower league teams and similarly tight games.

Stone - really want to like him but he’s putting the shiters in me. I think he’s probably, just, our best keeper and would benefit from knowing he’s our number one. I’d start him next week, but reckon Brown won’t.

Dempsey for me our best player again like he has been all season. We lose him and we’re royally humped.

All in all remaining positive ahead of a very tough test next Saturday.

24 minutes ago, Aufc_ said:

Was never going to be a good game today, pishing rain, howling wind, low crowd and opposition who were there to frustrate us but at the same time weren’t too bad. All about getting through to the next round, look at Airdrie, Livi and Dunfermline today all against lower league teams and similarly tight games.

Stone - really want to like him but he’s putting the shiters in me. I think he’s probably, just, our best keeper and would benefit from knowing he’s our number one. I’d start him next week, but reckon Brown won’t.

Dempsey for me our best player again like he has been all season. We lose him and we’re royally humped.

All in all remaining positive ahead of a very tough test next Saturday.

I really like Dempsey but I don’t think he had a great game today. Saying that no one really played that well 

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think we might be hanging onto Dempsey for a bit anyway, considering his family has now moved up here. Suppose that only helps with clubs down south though.

Club announced last week he had signed an extension of his contract to June 2026 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw buzzing for Walker getting a goal. Heard some fud behind me go “if Walker comes on, I’m going home” so I’m delighted for whoever that was to be firmly clamped. 

And he got to score our now traditional goal!

Pretty surprised to see Cammy Smith dropping all the way to League 2 level, though maybe Peterhead are offering more than League 2 wages.  Still looks a decent player, but his career does seem to have been in a tailspin for a while.  He did look a bit taken aback when someone in the NT shouted “rat” at him.  Seems excessive to me - can’t really blame players for looking after themselves.  Dave Smith did seem to have some unrealistic ideas of what loyalty in football can or should mean when he took over and the extent to which it’s a 2 way street.   He did, after all,  sack Mark Kerr 2 months after taking over as chairman.