The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Pretty surprised to see Cammy Smith dropping all the way to League 2 level, though maybe Peterhead are offering more than League 2 wages.  Still looks a decent player, but his career does seem to have been in a tailspin for a while.  He did look a bit taken aback when someone in the NT shouted “rat” at him.  Seems excessive to me - can’t really blame players for looking after themselves.  Dave Smith did seem to have some unrealistic ideas of what loyalty in football can or should mean when he took over and the extent to which it’s a 2 way street.   He did, after all,  sack Mark Kerr 2 months after taking over as chairman.  

Sure I read he has started a property business with another footballer 

29 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Sure I read he has started a property business with another footballer 

Pitch2Property with Peter Pawlett. Sure being closer to home and less travel is an attraction for some Aberdeenshire players. Similar with Fyvie and Cove.

43 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Pitch2Property with Peter Pawlett. Sure being closer to home and less travel is an attraction for some Aberdeenshire players. Similar with Fyvie and Cove.

Pawlett stays in Dundee and Cammy in Glasgow but they were all part of the Don's youth system with Jordon Brown. Your new signing Connor McLennan is Peterhead born and bred and was also a young Don. Pity he's not ready to come home yet.

39 minutes ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

Pawlett stays in Dundee and Cammy in Glasgow but they were all part of the Don's youth system with Jordon Brown. Your new signing Connor McLennan is Peterhead born and bred and was also a young Don. Pity he's not ready to come home yet.

Do you guys train up in Peterhead?

3 hours ago, Nelson said:

Pretty surprised to see Cammy Smith dropping all the way to League 2 level, though maybe Peterhead are offering more than League 2 wages.  Still looks a decent player, but his career does seem to have been in a tailspin for a while.  He did look a bit taken aback when someone in the NT shouted “rat” at him.  Seems excessive to me - can’t really blame players for looking after themselves.  Dave Smith did seem to have some unrealistic ideas of what loyalty in football can or should mean when he took over and the extent to which it’s a 2 way street.   He did, after all,  sack Mark Kerr 2 months after taking over as chairman.  

Particularly when you appoint David Hopkin and then expect to be able to sign decent footballers. 

20 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

What was the score of the u19 and how did watret get on? Did bavidge play? 

eta just saw they won 2-1

Watret played just over a hour, Bavidge came on during the second half.

3 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

The whole team trains once a week in Dundee with separate sessions for the northern and southern/western players on another night.

That’s some set up but I would assume maybe not even unique to your club. 

Can’t be easy for the manager, is assume the nights when it’s split it’s still training on the same night or is it all different nights with the manager attending all? 

6 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s some set up but I would assume maybe not even unique to your club. 

Can’t be easy for the manager, is assume the nights when it’s split it’s still training on the same night or is it all different nights with the manager attending all? 

The managers take the Tuesday session in Dundee and Thursday in Aberdeen with the First team coach handling the session in Glasgow. The split sessions are more about fitness than tactics I'm led to believe. It seems to work as the fitness levels for a part time team can compare with many full time teams.

8 minutes ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

The managers take the Tuesday session in Dundee and Thursday in Aberdeen with the First team coach handling the session in Glasgow. The split sessions are more about fitness than tactics I'm led to believe. It seems to work as the fitness levels for a part time team can compare with many full time teams.

With Teams/Skype etc these days I would guess that’s how he gets them all together for tactics but still that has to be a difficult job. 

25 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Trying not to read too much into this, but is Howley trying to hide that red card?

IMG_9991.png

Nah not for me, nowhere near the disgrace in Dumbarton when our players were all taking the piss out of it with Docherty and Harkins pulling faces and Balatoni waving his card to the fence 

20161022_111232.jpg

IMG_20161101_103632.jpg

2 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Trying not to read too much into this, but is Howley trying to hide that red card?

IMG_9991.png

Nah, he was making sure the MkM badge got represented, plus George has a big heed. Dunno about the John Travolta hairdo from grease with McMann though.