The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See they're struggling to fill the supporters bus for Saturday.  Hopefully it's just because of the time of the year and not some massive downturn because of Kerr. 1100 last Saturday was disappointing even accounting for the weather.

The reason being the fans are not willing to pay £25 to get in and think it’s £12 or £15 for kids , that is the biggest reason , fans on bus have stated that many times ,  so it’s nothing to do with Kerr 

Edited by Robbo63

Totally agree Robbo63. I know quite a few who cannot go because of other commitments at this time of year. It's also a big financial push when the oppo overcharges and it's a later return home if you have plans. Def not any reflection on Kerr or the team by the 4 or 5 I know who attend many away games.

Edited by Somerset 2010

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not going due to cost of admission and works night out on Friday. There will be a couple that aren’t going due to the Mark Kerr effect but not many. 

Would anyone seriously choose not to go to a game purely because Mark Kerr is in charge? Really?

Absolute losers if true.

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not going due to cost of admission and works night out on Friday. There is will be a couple that aren’t going due to the Mark Kerr effect but not many. 

I will be going ,  the entry fee  I think is ridiculous , but I would not use my team not winning as a reason  not to attend  , I support my team through thick and thin and have followed Ayr teams 100 times worse than this one on away days , yes I agree if you can’t afford it or other arrangements fine but saying your not going as we have had a few bad results is pretty poor ( or as stated Mark Kerr effect , what exactly does that mean ? )

Edited by Robbo63

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Would anyone seriously choose not to go to a game purely because Mark Kerr is in charge? Really?

Absolute losers if true.

Yeah I agree. While I wasn’t exactly buzzing about his appointment time it’s far too early to start not going to games because of him. We have a few simpletons in our support though. 

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I will be going ,  the entry fee  I think is ridiculous , but I would not use my team not winning as a reason  not to attend  , I support my team through thick and thin and have followed Ayr teams 100 times worse than this one on away days , yes I agree if you can’t afford it or other arrangements fine but saying your not going as we have had a few bad results is pretty poor ( or as stated Mark Kerr effect , what exactly does that mean ? )

Basically a couple of people I’ve spoken too who normally would always go to Dundee United away are giving it a miss. The main reason being the admission price and the fact it’s so close to Christmas. However they also think we will get pumped . 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah I agree. While I wasn’t exactly buzzing about his appointment time it’s far too early to start not going to games because of him. We have a few simpletons in our support though. 

Basically a couple of people I’ve spoken too who normally would always go to Dundee United away are giving it a miss. The main reason being the admission price and the fact it’s so close to Christmas. However they also think we will get pumped . 

I totally agree with people not going due to cost and other commitments and thinking we will get pumped ( which has not happened up there for a very long time , 2016 they beat us 3-0 only other win In 3 occasions was last season 2-1 where our keeper totally sold the game   ) I just don’t understand what the Kerr effect is ? 

Edited by Robbo63

I totally agree with people not going due to cost and other commitments and thinking we will get pumped ( which has not happened up there for a very long time  ) I just don’t understand what the Kerr effect is ? 

I think there’s a feeling with some supporters that Kerr is way out his depth and has taken us backwards since he was appointed. He’s lost a few games but he himself has admitted he’s made an error or two in the last couple of weeks.

I think with the potential investment allowing us to bring in a few players will have us back on track although I can’t say I’ve much time for supporters who pick and choose when to support the team based on a few results.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think there’s a feeling with some supporters that Kerr is way out his depth and has taken us backwards since he was appointed. He’s lost a few games but he himself has admitted he’s made an error or two in the last couple of weeks.

I think with the potential investment allowing us to bring in a few players will have us back on track although I can’t say I’ve much time for supporters who pick and choose when to support the team based on a few results.

I agree with this, that being said, the only leverage supporters really have is their attendance. It's far too early for anyone not to be going as a result of Kerr's appointment. He is a long long way from Mark Robert's territory which is the only time I didn't renew my season ticket.

Ashleigh Construction had a turnover in excess of £60m, some of that for us would do nicely thanks, seems Kerso is going to have cash to splash next month. 
Last time a builder was interested in the club and waved his big turnover about, he was out the game in 18 months. Turnover isn't profit, as Kennedy Construction found out.

11 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
9 hours ago, rb123! said:
Ashleigh Construction had a turnover in excess of £60m, some of that for us would do nicely thanks, seems Kerso is going to have cash to splash next month. 

Last time a builder was interested in the club and waved his big turnover about, he was out the game in 18 months. Turnover isn't profit, as Kennedy Construction found out.

Profit as of  March for  2019 , £2.5 million up from £1.5 million in 2018 going by companies house accounts both after tax  , looks like a well run company currently going in right direction , cash in hand and in their bank account as of March 2019 just under £11 million 

Edited by Robbo63

Profit as of  March for  2019 , £2.5 million up from £1.5 million in 2018 going by companies house accounts both after tax  , looks like a well run company currently going in right direction , cash in hand and in their bank account as of March 2019 just under £11 million 
We'll be back to the free spending Barr days then.

4 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Announce Lawrence Shankland return. 

4 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Dont think he has the ego that Bill Barr had but believe he will see us ok as he is a very astute businessman, I think there could be more comings and going’s over the next season or two